Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What the..? Is the website hacked?

ThePigSlave

Cavy Slave
Apparently guineapigcages.com has been hacked. Am I the first one to notice this?
Is it being resolved? I am just worried that personal information may be accessed by these guys (or girls).

rsgymjam

Cavy Slave
What part specifically???????

ThePigSlave

Cavy Slave
Just the main page about C&C and stuff. I type in guineapigcages.com and it comes up that it is owned by some sort of hacker team.

rsgymjam

Cavy Slave
huh- never seen it. maybe you should contact the GP team.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm not getting any notifications that anything's wrong. What is the exact message that you're seeing?

There was an incident awhile back regarding one of Teresa's other sites hosted on the same server, but it's been cleared up. Are you maybe seeing a message from an old cache?

ThePigSlave

Cavy Slave
Ownz by Team R00T
321753259.png

Moroccan Hackerz

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I don't see it.

ThePigSlave

Cavy Slave
That is what it says. They have a FaceBook page claiming that we are "lamerz" and openly patting themselves on the back about hacking the site..?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I talked to Teresa, she's taking care of it. @ThePigSlave, thanks for letting us know.

ThePigSlave

Cavy Slave
I talked to Teresa, she's taking care of it. @ThePigSlave , thanks for letting us know.
Not a problem...so was it hacked or...? Because apparently others aren't seeing what I am seeing...

Pawesomepet

Cavy Slave
@ThePigSlave I saw it you're not the only one I checked after you said something and there it was.

ThePigSlave

Cavy Slave
@ThePigSlave I saw it you're not the only one. Maybe people are looking for it at the forum page? Because I don't see otherwise how so many couldn't notice the huge black page that's freakin me out.

Haha, you are correct :D . I am going to run a virus scan tomorrow morning just to be sure.

Pawesomepet

Cavy Slave
@ThePigSlave Tried to edit my post to say I saw it after you said something and erased my whole message ahh joy of being on my phone. I'd definitely run one too!

Lissinea

Cavy Slave
That's interesting.....my email was hacked and was used to send out spam, they also got into a credit card account. I wonder if they got the information from here.......

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
How long has it been since your email was hacked? This happened here about three hours ago.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
@Lissinea, I sincerely doubt your experience is related. We have nothing to do with credit cards here. I think it was just the main site. I have a very temporary fix and am working on the bigger picture. It's very frustrating. I actually already spend a mountain of money to prevent things like this from happening. Now spending more.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If there's any humor to be found here, it's on Te4m.R00t's Facebook page. They call themselves a group of Islamic hackers, but when they proudly announced they "owned" guineapigcages.com, they got responses like "A guinea pig site? Really? Why would you take down a site of people who are trying to take care of their pets?" Guess they didn't do their reputation in the hacker world much good.

Lissinea

Cavy Slave
@bpatters and CavySpirit - I apologize, I didn't see the timeline on this. My situation just happened yesterday. I didn't mean to imply that they got my credit card info from here, just that when they gained access to my email account they must have used information from emails to take it a step further.

I know how hard it is to try to keep up with security just on my PC, I can't imagine what it takes to protect your site!

ThePigSlave

Cavy Slave
If there's any humor to be found here, it's on Te4m.R00t's Facebook page. They call themselves a group of Islamic hackers, but when they proudly announced they "owned" guineapigcages.com, they got responses like "A guinea pig site? Really? Why would you take down a site of people who are trying to take care of their pets?" Guess they didn't do their reputation in the hacker world much good.
I noticed that as well. I suppose that hacking in general shows little to no sense of morale, but honestly, a guinea pig care website? That has got to be some sort of all-time low.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.