Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Loss Bye Cocoa

koalamissy

Cavy Slave
Two weeks ago today I had to say goodbye to my sweet Cocoa. I have absolutely no idea what happened. I woke up on that Friday morning and she was on her side twitching. By the time I got dressed and ready to take her to the vet, she was gone. I am devastated. I don't have the money to have an "autopsy" done, so I have no idea what happened. I bawled like a baby all day long. Even when I went to work and people asked me what was wrong, I would start crying all over again.

So right now Sweet Pea is in their C&C cage by herself and the two new ones that I picked up literally the week before, are in their cage near Sweet Pea. Sweet Pea acts like she's happy Cocoa is gone, so I'm not sure what that's all about, but she can see and hear the other two, so I'm not sure. The other two - Snowball and Autumn, went threw their quarantine time before I picked them up at their shelter (almost two hours away, wow).

With Christmas coming up, no time for pigtures or introducing them. Will update everyone after New Year's.

Bye Cocoa, see you someday over the Rainbow Bridge. [emoji24][emoji22][emoji174]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm very sorry you lost her.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry, @koalamissy.

I know exactly how you felt. To this day I can't talk to anyone about Poopy.
I'm so, so sorry you lost her, and so close to Christmas just takes all the joy out of the holidays. I didn't have a necropsy done on my boy either, I was pretty sure what had happened, and I couldn't bear the thought of having that done to him. In either case, it wouldn't bring them back.

I hope Sweet Pea is doing ok on her own, I'm sure she knows that there are other pigs nearby and that perhaps makes things easier for her.

Rest in peace, little Cocoa. Run and find all of your new friends at the Rainbow Bridge, and enjoy all the delicious greens you'll find there while you wait for your family to come and get you again .

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.