Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello there :) i'm Guinea Pig Gal

Guinea Pig Gal

Cavy Slave
Hello, my name is Guinea Pig Gal, and i'm a bit new to this... So before I say anything else, i'll just say the basics about me:

I love guinea pigs, hamsters, tigers, and pandas (and all animals, but those are my favorites :D)
I have a hamster, a dog, and a pet chicken.
I am hoping to get a pair of guinea pigs very soon.
I am (obviously) new to this forum
I am can be sensative and I can have anger issues when a person makes me feel stupid

I think that's all you need to know about me... So... Um... Yeah :D

DJ Guinea Pig

Cavy Slave
Hehe hey Guinea pig Gal. I know you on another forum. (DJ Hamster) glad to see you on here! This is a great place to learn stuff about guinea pigs. Good luck with your new guinea pig! :D

Guinea Pig Gal

Cavy Slave
Hehe hey Guinea pig Gal. I know you on another forum. (DJ Hamster) glad to see you on here! This is a great place to learn stuff about guinea pigs. Good luck with your new guinea pig! :D

Thanks DJ :) :D

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure we can answer any questions you have! I have a question of my own, though. What kind of chicken do you have? I've been interested in chickens for a while, actually, but have never met someone on this forum who owns one.

Guineahamster65

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!! I would love to see some pictures of your animals. What type of hamster do you have? I myself have Syrians. This forum is filled with wonderful information and I hope you get your piggies soon!

Guinea Pig Gal

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure we can answer any questions you have! I have a question of my own, though. What kind of chicken do you have? I've been interested in chickens for a while, actually, but have never met someone on this forum who owns one.
My own chicken, her name is Jordan and she is a Naked Neck/Turken, in total my family has 24 chickens (that includes mine) and 2 ducks :)

Welcome to the forum!! I would love to see some pictures of your animals. What type of hamster do you have? I myself have Syrians. This forum is filled with wonderful information and I hope you get your piggies soon!
I'll try to get a picture of Abby (my WW dwarf hybrid hamster species) and Ellsa (my dog, dunno her breed, though she is definitely a mix of some sort!)

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome guinea pig gal

i had chickens for 10+ years, show chickens and Rhode Island reds, make sure to check your local laws before getting any as some counties have restrictions.

Guinea Pig Gal

Cavy Slave

i had chickens for 10+ years, show chickens and Rhode Island reds, make sure to check your local laws before getting any as some counties have restrictions.

No worries :D it is definitely allowed to have chickens where I live ^-^ we have had multiple types :3 and we adopted most of them from someone in a nearby area ^-^

Guineahamster65

Cavy Slave
My own chicken, her name is Jordan and she is a Naked Neck/Turken, in total my family has 24 chickens (that includes mine) and 2 ducks :)

I'll try to get a picture of Abby (my WW dwarf hybrid hamster species) and Ellsa (my dog, dunno her breed, though she is definitely a mix of some sort!)

Yay!! I LOVE ww hamsters. My best friend has two! I would love to see pictures! lol

Soecara

Cavy Slave

I also have chickens, three of them. Ashley who is a leghorn, Rosey who is an Isa brown, and Night who is an Australorp cross Isa brown. In my area you are not allowed to have roosters if you live inside of a residential area in a city or town.

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave

I'm not getting any, my parents would never let me, but I know where I am you can have up to 6 hens, but no roosters. I did 4-H for a year and had some experience there with show chickens, I think they were called Belgian D'Anvers or something.

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
I also have chickens, three of them. Ashley who is a leghorn, Rosey who is an Isa brown, and Night who is an Australorp cross Isa brown. In my area you are not allowed to have roosters if you live inside of a residential area in a city or town.

The chicken I found a few days ago (I posted about it) looked very much like an ISA brown. I have no actual way of knowing, and it disappeared before I could actually catch it.

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave

I always thought the naked neck ones were kinda weird. Do they require any special care from other chickens?

I used to have hamsters, mostly Syrian, but I had one dwarf hamster who was constantly on her wheel and died after two months. My dad joked that she dies from exhaustion, but I don't really know if that's possible. Do you have any interesting escaping hamster stories?

Sorry for all the questions XD I'm really curious

Guinea Pig Gal

Cavy Slave
I always thought the naked neck ones were kinda weird. Do they require any special care from other chickens?

I used to have hamsters, mostly Syrian, but I had one dwarf hamster who was constantly on her wheel and died after two months. My dad joked that she dies from exhaustion, but I don't really know if that's possible. Do you have any interesting escaping hamster stories?

Sorry for all the questions XD I'm really curious
1) No, the Naked Neck chickens do not require special care :) they are just like every other chicken but with a naked neck ^-^
2) Well, I'll have to think on that, before I was educated on hamsters a ton of mine escaped, even Abby escaped once. The most interesting one that I can think of at this moment is: While I was gone with my family somewhere out of the house, Freddy (my Syrian hamster who passed last Friday <3) managed to escape, he probably wandered the entire house, but once my family and I got home I looked for him and he was staring straight at me in my parents bedroom doorway. (thank goodness he was safe!)

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
1) No, the Naked Neck chickens do not require special care :) they are just like every other chicken but with a naked neck ^-^
2) Well, I'll have to think on that, before I was educated on hamsters a ton of mine escaped, even Abby escaped once. The most interesting one that I can think of at this moment is: While I was gone with my family somewhere out of the house, Freddy (my Syrian hamster who passed last Friday <3) managed to escape, he probably wandered the entire house, but once my family and I got home I looked for him and he was staring straight at me in my parents bedroom doorway. (thank goodness he was safe!)

That's cool! I've never actually seen a naked neck in real life.

I'm sorry about your hamster :( That reminds me of once when my Syrian got out, but he managed to get outside and I didn't notice until I said "hey its raining" and went to look outside. When I opened my front door, he was sitting outside in the rain. He was a tough little dude, he passed a couple years ago.

Guinea Pig Gal

Cavy Slave
I can get you a picture of Jordan sometime ;) and i'm sorry about your hamster :(

Coco and Pops

Cavy Slave
Welcome, I'm kinda new as well!

Guinea Pig Gal

Cavy Slave
I got my Cavy :D :D And here he is!
2016-02-22_1743.png
his name is Mr. Butterscotch, I am working on getting him a bigger cage :) right now he is alone :( but my sister is planning to get him a friend soon ^_^ we will be getting a C&C cage, he is a male, and he is a little older than three years!! I also adopted him from our local librarian :D

Denise Mabie

Cavy Slave
I got my Cavy :D :D And here he is!
View attachment 78433
his name is Mr. Butterscotch, I am working on getting him a bigger cage :) right now he is alone :( but my sister is planning to get him a friend soon ^_^ we will be getting a C&C cage, he is a male, and he is a little older than three years!! I also adopted him from our local librarian :D
Congratulations! He's very cute.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.