Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Finally got a good picture of my boys!

katie95

Cavy Slave
New-ish boys are finally brave enough around me for me to snap a good picture of them- which is so exciting because I’ve been dying to show them off ☺️

Top guy is Theodore and the fluff ball is Wolfgang. ❤️

Attachments

B9A0CB59-6D4D-4351-BF40-F2E37CE24530.jpg 1D69E315-9F80-42AE-9BB1-8E3ABED98A80.jpg

equinox96

Cavy Slave
they are soooo cute! They look like dark chocolate dipped in peanut butter lol

NSPiggies

Cavy Gazer
So adorable! Do your piggies like that tube in the background? I've been thinking about purchasing one for my own pigs.

katie95

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much! ☺️

katie95

Cavy Slave
So adorable! Do your piggies like that tube in the background? I've been thinking about purchasing one for my own pigs.

Wolfgang is obsessed with the tunnel. It’s super easy to clean and was pretty cheap if I remember right. Only issue if have with the tunnel is both boys want it to be theirs (even though there’s multiple tunnels in the cage ��) so they’ll get into little spats over it. Other than that it’s wonderful!

equinox96

Cavy Slave
Now I'm curious, what is that tunnel in the background? A fabric covered PVC pipe?

katie95

Cavy Slave
Now I'm curious, what is that tunnel in the background? A fabric covered PVC pipe?

its actually just a small three exit tunnel I found on amazon ☺️ It’s got some sort of boning on the inside of the fabric to keep it open.

equinox96

Cavy Slave
Do you think it's big enough for an adult male peruvian? My Mogz is pretty hefty at 1256g

katie95

Cavy Slave
Do you think it's big enough for an adult male peruvian? My Mogz is pretty hefty at 1256g

Hmm, it might be a little snug. My boys are pretty young and Wolfgang is on the small side.

I attached a picture from the amazon listing since I don?t think I can link things.

Attachments

B23283E1-A89E-4E6B-AD8C-C93BB4BA64A2.jpg

equinox96

Cavy Slave
Wow that's a really cute tunnel but unfortunately it's the same size as his old 4in pvc pipe which he no longer fits in. But I might order it anyways just to unsew it and check what the inside ring is made of... might inspire me.

Thanks for the attachment and again, I think your little peruvian is soooo cute with that peanut butter on his nose lol

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave

Hefty at 1256? I'm desperate to keep Sly above 1200 he's so bony, and my Punkin would just floor you with his size! :)

katie95

Cavy Slave
Wow that's a really cute tunnel but unfortunately it's the same size as his old 4in pvc pipe which he no longer fits in. But I might order it anyways just to unsew it and check what the inside ring is made of... might inspire me.

Thanks for the attachment and again, I think your little peruvian is soooo cute with that peanut butter on his nose lol

No problem! Thanks for the kind words ☺️ They’re so adorable and sweet I can’t believe someone got rid of them (their old family bought them for their 7 year old who decided after three months she was tired of them)!

equinox96

Cavy Slave
Hefty at 1256? I'm desperate to keep Sly above 1200 he's so bony, and my Punkin would just floor you with his size! :)

Ha I get ya! Somehow we are always worrying about their weight. Mogz is definitely not overweight he is just a big muscular fella. OC on the other hand is only 950 and a ball of fidgety energy that runs around at the speed of lightning, then again he is not a peruvian.

equinox96

Cavy Slave
No problem! Thanks for the kind words ☺️ They’re so adorable and sweet I can’t believe someone got rid of them (their old family bought them for their 7 year old who decided after three months she was tired of them)!

I know what you mean, it bugs me to no end the amount of guinea pigs showing up everyday on Kijiji (sort of like craigslist). Young ones, below a year old looking already for new homes because their "owners" got sick of them. If I could I would take them all in. I really wish people would stop purposefully breeding and petshops would stop selling babies. They should get them from surrenders or the spca.

On the night of Halloween, now you have to understand I live in Quebec which is a litter colder than Vermont and Maine, a neighbor found a box near his home which is near a highway. When he opened it, 3 live guinea pigs where inside and this year was a really cold one!!!

I am presently caring for a sick GP that was abandoned on a shelter volunteer's doorstep. Now how sad is that!?!

katie95

Cavy Slave
I know what you mean, it bugs me to no end the amount of guinea pigs showing up everyday on Kijiji (sort of like craigslist). Young ones, below a year old looking already for new homes because their "owners" got sick of them. If I could I would take them all in. I really wish people would stop purposefully breeding and petshops would stop selling babies. They should get them from surrenders or the spca.

On the night of Halloween, now you have to understand I live in Quebec which is a litter colder than Vermont and Maine, a neighbor found a box near his home which is near a highway. When he opened it, 3 live guinea pigs where inside and this year was a really cold one!!!

I am presently caring for a sick GP that was abandoned on a shelter volunteer's doorstep. Now how sad is that!?!

It honestly disgusts me how people can just throw away an animal like that. I get not being able to properly take care of an animal or a situation changes and someone needs to rehome but way too often it?s people who become lazy. Your stories are so sick. Unfortunately there?s too many like them. Too many sweet pigs.

As far as my boys go, I found them because a friend told me their relative was talking to them about putting the babies down. Guinea Pigs they had for three months just because their kid was tired of them?! It was ridiculous. My friend knew I was looking for pigs so she let me know and I contacted the family. The mother was like ?well they?re two boys I don?t know if you?ll want them they fight all the time?. Literally both of them were in a petstore cage hardly big enough for a hamster. Of course they?d get into spats. It?s just the ignorance that?s so annoying.

Sorry for the rant, it?s just so frustrating [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.