Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Which names do you prefer?

Quince

Cavy Slave
A week or so ago, I introduced myself and my piggies Harry and Ron here. Photo can be found here: https://i1342.photobucket.com/album... Ron/522667_10151395048858319_468578799_n.jpg
Harry's the white Ridgeback mix, and Ron's the brindle sitting behind him.

I've been visiting family for a few days, and my uncle suggested that I rename them. Now, the guinea pigs I had before these two were named things relating to food. For example, my first guinea pigs were named Nutmeg and Cinnamon, and the pair after them were Almond and Conker.

On learning this, my uncle suggested that I rename these two Radish and Chutney. Which would fit in with the naming theme we had going before. However, I'm really not sure. I like the names, but then, Harry and Ron fit them just as well!

Just interested in seeing what other members of the forum think. Or if anyone could suggest other names, then go ahead! :)

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
If they suit Ron and Harry (Hehe, one of my boys is called Ron Weasly) then I wouldn't change it just because your uncle thinks you should, they're your piggies and you know which names are their names. :)

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I say marshmallow and smore .

Quince

Cavy Slave
If they suit Ron and Harry (Hehe, one of my boys is called Ron Weasly) then I wouldn't change it just because your uncle thinks you should, they're your piggies and you know which names are their names. :)

Oh, I wasn't planning to change them just because my uncle told me to! Was more wondering on what others thought. :)

Squint96

Cavy Slave
Coconut for the white one and peanut or raisin for the brown one

Agrimony

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Cute piggies! I like Harry and Ron but the other names are cute too. Whichever fits their personality best :)

ssssarah

Cavy Slave
i like harry and ron. :) my girls are named after harry potter, too! (bellatrix/bella and narcissa/cissy)

Quince

Cavy Slave

Quince

Cavy Slave
i like harry and ron. :) my girls are named after harry potter, too! (bellatrix/bella and narcissa/cissy)

May just stick with them! Still undecided, but leaning towards it!

lexilustew

Cavy Slave
First off, you have very adorable piggies! Thank you for sharing their photo!

As a general rule, I tend to prefer human names for animals. I'm the girl who pores over baby name books for the absolutely perfect name. But, with all that being said, I think I am partial to Radish and Chutney for your two little ones. For whatever reason, as soon as I saw those names, I fell in love with them. They're just so cute! And, rather unique. However, in the end, there was a reason why Ron and Harry came to mind early on for you. If those are the names that you feel fit them best, go with that. No matter what, people names or food names, your guinea pigs are going to be loved for many years to come. And, because of that, you are all very lucky indeed.

Quince

Cavy Slave
First off, you have very adorable piggies! Thank you for sharing their photo!

As a general rule, I tend to prefer human names for animals. I'm the girl who pores over baby name books for the absolutely perfect name. But, with all that being said, I think I am partial to Radish and Chutney for your two little ones. For whatever reason, as soon as I saw those names, I fell in love with them. They're just so cute! And, rather unique. However, in the end, there was a reason why Ron and Harry came to mind early on for you. If those are the names that you feel fit them best, go with that. No matter what, people names or food names, your guinea pigs are going to be loved for many years to come. And, because of that, you are all very lucky indeed.

Thank you! Harry and Ron are the names the rescue centre gave them, but I agree that Radish and Chutney are quite cute names as well. I may just end up combining them and have Harry Radish and Ron Chutney! (Although those sound like names for characters from a comic!) But I agree that we are all lucky. :)

angk101

Cavy Slave
Honestly, it's whatever you like best, and what suits them best. I think pair names are very cute. Harry and Ron, or a pair name going with food like Cookies (for the brown one) and Cream (for the white one). At the (no-kill) pound I volunteer for, there was a pair of rescue bunnies named Snickers and Twix. Or if you think Harry and Ron suits them well, keep it.
Other cute pair names are: Broccoli and Carrot, Sugar and Spice, Wheeker and Squeeker, Macaroni and Cheese(I actually know a friend with two brother pigs named Mac and Cheese), and Salt and Pepper.
Hope this helps a little. :)

soopermum62

Cavy Slave
Flower was named after the skunk in Bambi, and Daisy was just because... I liked the name. She was almost named Petal...

megansmummy

Cavy Slave
I always go for human names for my animals :) I have a pair of bunnies that had a rubbish start in life and so I kept their names which are lucky and hope :) ove of our dogs has kept the name the rescue gave him too as it suited him and he responded to it after just a week in foster (he was at a pound that put to sleep) and he is called ziggy :) my other 6 buns, 8 piggies and the other dog all have human names :)

elg1692

Cavy Slave
I may just end up combining them and have Harry Radish and Ron Chutney! :)

I looove this idea! I'm partial to the harry potter names. My boys are Albus and Grindelwald. Add to their names, but don't change them completely! :)

NorthernLight

Cavy Slave
I love food names! For the white one I would suggest: Coconut, Sugar, Vanilla, Marshmallow, Macadamia Nut, Saltine, Melba, Pringle, Parmesan, Monterey Jack or Crouton.
For the black/ brown one I would suggest: Twix, Snickers, Fudge, Moose Tracks (a yummy ice cream), Tenderloin (after the steak), Raisin, Praline, Chestnut or Cocoa.
Some names I like more than the others, as I was just plucking ideas off the top of my head. My favorites are Melba and Raisin, and Crouton and Tenderloin.
Please let us know what you pick! They are your piggies so you really can't go wrong- Harry and Ron, or Radish and Chutney are also great!

Quince

Cavy Slave
Well, thanks for all the suggestions so far! I'm still undecided, but slowly narrowing the choice of names down!

ashyme
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

MandaC76

Cavy Slave
I had hamsters named Cinnamon & Honey! I will introduce myself & my piggies soon with pics. I just got 2 baby girls today from an old school/Facebook friend whose piggy was pregnant (it was a surprise) & named one Chloe & my 3 yr old daughter, Layla, named the other one (I helped a little, but she chose it) Chickadee.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.