Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables Cucumber seeds?

elg1692

Cavy Slave
I tried looking for this question elsewhere on these forums and didn't find any reference to it, so I will ask here....Can piggies eat cucumber seeds? My piggies ADORE cucumbers, but I read that they shouldn't eat seeds. Is this the case with cucumbers too, since the seeds are so soft?

How do you prepare your cucumbers for your pigs?

Thanks!

MissJean

Cavy Slave
I don't know how in the world you'd de-seed them. I'm 99.9% sure it's perfectly okay to feed cucumber slices as is. :p They're tiny and soft.

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
You can feed the seeds to them. It's not harmful. However, don't feed lots of cucumber to your piggies frequently. It can cause bloat. But it certainly makes a tasty treat. lol

If you want an option with less seeds, you might consider buying English cucumbers. They tend to have less seeds than regular cucumbers.

elg1692

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the feedback! I guess I'm just being too careful. These little piggies have me wrapped around their little paws. I've been cutting out the majority of the seeds after I slice them up, but its a pain. If I can just slice and feed, it will make life much easier.

Aleks

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the feedback! I guess I'm just being too careful. These little piggies have me wrapped around their little paws. I've been cutting out the majority of the seeds after I slice them up, but its a pain. If I can just slice and feed, it will make life much easier.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm always very careful about things with seeds in them, even cherry tomatoes! I always wash the seeds out, although im sure they're fine for him to eat, i'm just a bit too cautious. lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.