Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions 16-days postpartum / soft stool / feels really slim

guineapiggiepie

Cavy Slave
Alfonzo is 16-days postpartum. She's been doing well for the most part until I started discovering soft poops yesterday. She looks/feels really slim, although her weight has stayed consistent since delivering. I fear that my pigs are underweight in general since I can't get a good grasp on their age or where their markers should be.

I'm going to cut back on veggies for 24hrs. Should I try supplementing with Critical Care?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
She's not going to gain weight while she's nursing. As long as she's eating and not losing, I wouldn't worry too much.

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
Sows look like deflated balloons after they give birth. She should get back to normal once the pups are weaned.

guineapiggiepie

Cavy Slave
She's not going to gain weight while she's nursing. As long as she's eating and not losing, I wouldn't worry too much.

Thank you for once again settling my worries, [MENTION=13820]bpatters[/MENTION].

guineapiggiepie

Cavy Slave
Sows look like deflated balloons after they give birth. She should get back to normal once the pups are weaned.

That's exactly what she looks like!!!! lol

guineapiggiepie

Cavy Slave
Poop is back to normal. All is good. :D

guineapiggiepie

Cavy Slave
Okay, now we're back to soft poops. They're solid when they come out, but when I check them out they're easily pressable. Should I keep mama off of veg for another 24 hours? :(

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If the poop is formed normally, don't worry too much about it. Just keep an eye on things, and if they get soft enough to give her "poop shoes" when she steps on things, then you can worry.

Is she eating more veggies than normal?

guineapiggiepie

Cavy Slave
If the poop is formed normally, don't worry too much about it. Just keep an eye on things, and if they get soft enough to give her "poop shoes" when she steps on things, then you can worry.

Is she eating more veggies than normal?

Definitely not soft enough for poop shoes.

I think I overdid it on veg during a really hot day. :\

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.