Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rate and Review for me!!!

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hey, I was going to get this bed for D and J. Who else has it? Is it nice? Do you and your pigs like it? Is it easy to wash? If you have one and bedding in your cage, please let me know about your results!!!!!!! Thanks......

(broken link removed)

:)

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
A friend of mine bought a while back and she said it fell apart in the wash. Now maybe it was just the one she had or maybe they are junk, I don't know. I'll ask her when she gets home for more details on it.

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Slave
I've never bought one, but I've seen them in the store. They are awfully small, even the "Large" ones are small. Unless you have tiny pigs, this probably isn't the best buy.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
my pigs have one, they have never used it. It seems a little high for them, idk.

They really hate open things too.

Squeakerlover

Cavy Slave
I just bought the large, ferret one. My boys have climbed into it but haven't stayed. Now, that could be b/c it's on the upper level and "exposed" or they just don't like it, idk.

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Slave
Thanks for all the answers, guys! So, I guess I shouldn't get one. What kind of bed do you recommend?

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Slave
Are you handy with a sewing machine, or do you know how to hand sew? If so, there are tons of cozy bed tutorials on this site.

I also recommend many Etsy shops. There are TONS of different bed styles out on Etsy that have been created by guinea pig owners.

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Slave
Thanks, @T1ggerPigLuvur I am handy at both. My mother is awesome at it. Thanks!!!!

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
I had that bed for about a week. My Otto decided it was his toilet, so it got so nasty and it seemed so pointless to keep it in the cage if all he was going to use it for was as a potty. So I ended up washing it, and now it just sits on my desk (I sometimes put Otto, Hubert or Otto in it while I am at my desk, but that's all it seemed good for under the circumstances). I second what @madelineelaine said. All my guinea pigs prefer only covered beds/hideys so that was probably why they never used the bed.

Tensonstar

Cavy Slave
i would recommend something with a insert so you could jest take it out and wash instead of having to wash the whole thing everytime or make your own and as of being to open i have one of my moded pigloo (jest cut the opening off so its bigger and cut one on the back) right on top since it fit purfectly.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.