Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cruel Petsmart employee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinten29

Cavy Slave
@(broken link removed) Just wanted to thank you for all your efforts in getting to the bottom of this story, it's hard reading in the first place and i'm sure everyone would like to know the 'Full' Story, I'm not going to point any fingers here but from what you've found out allready I must say that I'm starting to take this with a pinch of salt. If anything does come up could you let us know as I would love to get to the bottom of this and 'out' whoever is responsible!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aleks

Cavy Slave
High fives to you and the other customer who called. I'm so glad she got charged for her cruel actions.

Xeygwyn

Cavy Slave
@(broken link removed) Just wanted to thank you for all your efforts in getting to the bottom of this story, it's hard reading in the first place and i'm sure everyone would like to know the 'Full' Story, I'm not going to point any fingers here but from what you've found out allready I must say that I'm starting to take this with a pinch of salt. If anything does come up could you let us know as I would love to get to the bottom of this and 'out' whoever is responsible!!!

Thank you for your words. I'm certainly not here to rip the rug out from anyone, but cruelty of this magnitude deserves some investigating. If a store was allowing this kind of abuse to carry on for over a month, it disturbs me greatly. So far, after contacting the two closest PetSmart managers to the incident, several hours of searching the Pulaski County arrests and news, and even speaking through e-mail with the P.S. PR department, and having no such luck on any information pertaining to this story, I am at a loss. I was referred to a different department by PetSmart's PR that handles questions from individuals such as myself (as I am neither media or a substantial blogger by any means), and was told I would be contacted as soon as possible. This could be a couple days, or this evening. I honestly am not familiar with their hours. I'm not an arm-chair activist when I get into something, though I know it may appear a bit pushy and obsessive.

It hurts everyone to think of someone doing this to ANY animal, let alone those who can hardly defend themselves. It hurts worse to think of someone coming up with so detailed a story to incite feelings of anger and pain in others (even if unintentional). I don't know, and that's where it will lie until I do.

Quinten29

Cavy Slave
Thank you for your words. I'm certainly not here to rip the rug out from anyone, but cruelty of this magnitude deserves some investigating. If a store was allowing this kind of abuse to carry on for over a month, it disturbs me greatly. So far, after contacting the two closest PetSmart managers to the incident, several hours of searching the Pulaski County arrests and news, and even speaking through e-mail with the P.S. PR department, and having no such luck on any information pertaining to this story, I am at a loss. I was referred to a different department by PetSmart's PR that handles questions from individuals such as myself (as I am neither media or a substantial blogger by any means), and was told I would be contacted as soon as possible. This could be a couple days, or this evening. I honestly am not familiar with their hours. I'm not an arm-chair activist when I get into something, though I know it may appear a bit pushy and obsessive.

It hurts everyone to think of someone doing this to ANY animal, let alone those who can hardly defend themselves. It hurts worse to think of someone coming up with so detailed a story to incite feelings of anger and pain in others (even if unintentional). I don't know, and that's where it will lie until I do.

I agree with you completely and I would like to re-iterate my thanks for all your hard work in getting to the bottom of this 'story' as I agree with your feelings regarding both cruelty to animals and falsified evidence, ideally someone will be able to corroborate the story and we can all lay into them big time, however until then I would like to ask everyone that reads this 'story' to take it with a pinch of salt as it is a very distressing and disturbing tale.

Just on a side note until it's been sorted I'm not trying to disprove this story or making any allegations regarding it, I would merely like to hear the 'unedited' version.

Ms. Pumkin
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
OH...MY...GOSH..That's horrible...It sounds like she was almost choking the poor thing!! It's just makes me wonder where she heard that was right way to hold a guinea pig or any animal for that matter!!!

Xeygwyn

Cavy Slave
Whoever this Shane guy is he has totally lied to you. I work for the petsmart in Benton, Arkansas and ill tell you real quick there are cameras in all the stores here. Someone is tryin to cover their rear end here. And there is 8 stores in arkansas and they are located in North little rock, jacksonville, little rock, conway, benton, hot springs, el dorqdo, and malvern with another one being built in Little rock somewhere.I talked to one of my coworkers at the jacksonville store and one of their girls was fired this morning for an unsaid reason and all the managers are being hush hush about it.

I contacted the NLR store - store number 516 and LR store number 517 only (I may have numbers backwards), along with the PR department. With the information you have provided, I will contact the Jacksonville store tomorrow. Either it will come out in the news or I will find out myself, however so far no arrests have been made in the area to fit the description from the local police/news stations. I'm not staying closed-minded about it at all until I dig a little deeper. The 'Shane' guy was working as of 12:44 EST time when I made my call to the store. As to his statement about the cameras, he certainly could be lying. I can find out another time.

Quinten29

Cavy Slave
Whoever this Shane guy is he has totally lied to you. I work for the petsmart in Benton, Arkansas and ill tell you real quick there are cameras in all the stores here. Someone is tryin to cover their rear end here. And there is 8 stores in arkansas and they are located in North little rock, jacksonville, little rock, conway, benton, hot springs, el dorqdo, and malvern with another one being built in Little rock somewhere.I talked to one of my coworkers at the jacksonville store and one of their girls was fired this morning for an unsaid reason and all the managers are being hush hush about it.

Well, well the story continues, seeing as it's looking like a cover up, with your knowledge how would you recommend we 'out' this store and this person? Have you any ideas as to how we can make this public knowledge so something will be done about it?

Ms. Pumkin

Xeygwyn

Cavy Slave
I have no idea im just a peon (sorry, pee-on made me giggle). But i will say this "it wont be the 1st time they have covered something like this up" and i was informed the girl was arrested away from the store property and it was supposedly unrelated.

If this was away from store property and unrelated...what does it have to do with what we are discussing? I am confused now. Unrelated to what?

Ms. Pumkin

Xeygwyn

Cavy Slave
I believe that maybe they are just trying to cover it up since its a brand new store. And from what i understand the girl has been accused but not charged.

'Covering up' is actually the exact opposite of what a store would do in this instance. They would want to show their zero-tolerance policy for animal abuse to promote themselves. Nibbs stated earlier that this woman was arrested and charged with 36 counts on cruelty to animals, which does not coincide with the firing and detention(?) of this woman you are speaking of. Was she arrested or detained? Neither truly matters, as Nibbs has stated the charges against the supposed suspect, along with the '5 weeks of video footage'. I do not believe we are speaking of the same thing.

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave

Off topic but I have family in Benton :)

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
@Ms. Pumkin welcome to the forums. saw that you just joined today. @Xeygwyn I would be very upset if this story was a ruse or petsmart didn't stand by their open disclosure policy. I have an old high school friend who works for nbc and I told him he might have a story to put on the table. he's not a news anchor or anything big but he said he'd make an inquiry and they might run with it if it's not a hoax. guess we' 'll see. did you try to contact the regional manager that's who called nibbs according to his last update. I'd ask to speak with them since they undisclosed all that information...

Xeygwyn

Cavy Slave
@Ms. Pumkin welcome to the forums. saw that you just joined today. @Xeygwyn I would be very upset if this story was a ruse or petsmart didn't stand by their open disclosure policy. I have an old high school friend who works for nbc and I told him he might have a story to put on the table. he's not a news anchor or anything big but he said he'd make an inquiry and they might run with it if it's not a hoax. guess we' 'll see. did you try to contact the regional manager that's who called nibbs according to his last update. I'd ask to speak with them since they undisclosed all that information...

I was made the offer by Shane from the first store contacted, but I will see what I can do tomorrow as far as reaching regional. It seems a bit odd all around at this point. If you need the P.R. line, I have their e-mail and phone number, and I can PM it to you for your friend.

N

Nibbs

Ok so maybe someone has pulled my leg. It was the Nlr location i went back this evening and talked with some lady in the office she said she was the district manager Melanie or something like that. And she told me the same thing.

I spoke to the MOD, Shane, who said that nothing of the sort has passed his desk, and that cameras do not even exist within their store. I asked him about said allegations, and he responded to me that it is the first time he has even heard of such. If anyone has more information, or if I have the incorrect location, please inform me so that I can correct the above information.

With the exception that these stores do have cameras and they are all over the place. I took a bunch of pictures but apparently this site is not a mobile friendly website and wont let me upload pics from my mobile.

Whoever Shane is he does not work at this store i was told that they do have a Shane that is the district relief manager. The managers are all female with the exception of the grooming manager which is a guy named Terry. I was told the girl i got into it with had been suspended pending an investigation. So my earlier way earlier post i may have jumped the gun a little.

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
@Xeygwyn yes please do. :) I'm also gonna talk to my mom and see if there is anything else we can access (she used to be a support unit supervisor for fgpd in Oregon _ where I'm originally from) I know when I volunteered at the police department if records were open all you had to do was ask for them. I'm going to ask tomorrow it's already late here right now.

Ms. Pumkin

Xeygwyn

Cavy Slave
Ok so maybe someone has pulled my leg. It was the Nlr location i went back this evening and talked with some lady in the office she said she was the district manager Melanie or something like that. And she told me the same thing.

With the exception that these stores do have cameras and they are all over the place. I took a bunch of pictures but apparently this site is not a mobile friendly website and wont let me upload pics from my mobile.

Whoever Shane is he does not work at this store i was told that they do have a Shane that is the district relief manager. The managers are all female with the exception of the grooming manager which is a guy named Terry. I was told the girl i got into it with had been suspended pending an investigation. So my earlier way earlier post i may have jumped the gun a little.

I will make sure to call this location again tomorrow. Here were the times at which I made the calls: PHONE.jpg (All times are EST). Fairly certain as to whom I spoke to, however I will check once more with this store and the surrounding areas. Jumping the gun is a bit of an understatement.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
So, like many of you, it seems, I was suspicious of this from the first post, but after reading the comments about multiple counts of animal cruelty, I went looking to find a news story on it, didn't, and got busy with something else (I find that my job really interferes with my personal life in the most inconvenient ways) and didn't check back in until now. I think it's great that some of you have gone to so much trouble and energy to track this down, but I'd like to suggest that for the time being, just take a break while I check into some things going on behind the scenes with this poster and the mysterious (and timely) appearance of "Ms. Pumkin". Before anyone's mind wanders toward whether or not this person is a "troll," let me be clear that I don't necessarily think that's what's going on here, but I do wonder if a minor incident got blown out of proportion and that's what we're seeing now. I certainly know there is plenty about Petsmart and stores of similar ilk that we all have to be upset about, and we certainly don't need to be wasting time and energy on fabricated incidents ...

So, for now, I ask a favor - please don't respond until I can get some more information privately and we can go from there. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.