Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Meet my 3 piggies

Piggyziggy

Cavy Slave
Hi,
I got three piggies about almost a month ago now. It has been the best month though because as some of you might remember I have wanted guinea pigs for 2.5 years. And everyday i researched and researched and i begged and begged. So when i knew i was getting some, i cried of happiness.
my piggies are called Trixie, Kit and Apple Pie
I haven't yet introduced them till now because I was a bit busy with them :)
They are around 9 weeks old and are very cute.
Trixie is very small. She likes to popcorn when its time to refill the pellets. She will happily come sit on my lap and have a snuggle. She never runs away when we come into the room unless we trip over something or make a loud noise. She is the explorer/ curious one of my three and is always the first to come out of the igloo in floor time. When she comes out my other two follow her like a train. It's so cute. She is a tri colour (Tri-xie), has a crest and might have long hair when she is older. IMG_20131119_153741.jpg IMG_20131119_153716.jpg
This is Kit (below). Kit is very funny. She likes too back into corners to poop and does this funny face. She likes her food and doesn't like to be touched on the back. she is brown and white and i think a short hair mixed with something else. She likes to popcorn with Trixie but she also wheeks for her small daily amount of pellets. She likes to run in and out of her tunnels. Her favourite food is celery. Nom nom nom :eek:
IMG_20131118_162359.jpg
This is Apple. she has a very big bum and might be pregnant:(. She is a bit shy compred to Kit and Trixie but is usually found huddled next to one of them or by herself. She is cream and white and has a crest on her head. I was told she was biological sisters with Kit. She likes to be petted (sometimes) and snuggling in my clothes when i hold her. She has a favourite spot in the corner, on top of this brick/paver or behind it. To my disapointment she doesn't like apples
IMG_20131118_162934.jpg

:love::love::love:I love them all to the moon and back ...... x10000000000 :D

Dagny_Rango

Cavy Slave
Your pigs are all soooo cute!!! Good luck with introductions! I think they will look great together :)

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
They're so beautiful! I don't like playing favourites but if those girls where mine, I think I'd have a little soft spot for Apple Pie heh.

Piggyziggy

Cavy Slave
Thank you @Dagny_Rango and @Princess_Piggie .
They have already been introduced and they are good. they like to hide in the same igloo and eat together. :p
lolYeah, Apple Pie is a sweetie : )

Artista

Cavy Slave
So cute!!!!

Colorado Cavies

Cavy Slave
Congrats! They are very cute but I wanted to ask, you said they only get a small amount of pellets daily? Pigs this young need to have access to UNLIMITED pellets and hay. You only limit their pellets after they reach 6 or 8 months of age (can't remember which at the moment.)

Piggyziggy

Cavy Slave
Congrats! They are very cute but I wanted to ask, you said they only get a small amount of pellets daily? Pigs this young need to have access to UNLIMITED pellets and hay. You only limit their pellets after they reach 6 or 8 months of age (can't remember which at the moment.)

Thank you.
oh i didn't know that.
They have unlimited hay but only get 120 - 90 grams of pellets a day (split in to seperate bowls). How much exactly should i be giving them?

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Slave
My pigs have just turned 6 months and I still give them just a big old bowl of pellets each day to munch through when they feel like it.
To those of you who will say 'too much calcium' etc - they aren't alfalfa pellets. They're general pellets which contain mostly vitamin c etc. I'll post a link if anyone wants me too. I think for your young piggies though, definitely unlimited alfalfa based pellets.
@Piggyziggy, I think it's because I have a reeeeal soft spot for ginger and white animals in general. I had a gerbil who was of the same colouring who made it up to 4 years old, which is like 100 in human years. Always wanted a cat with the same colouring too hehe!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.