Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Biting cage

Kayleighlauren

Cavy Slave
Hi,

My piggies won’t stop biting the bars of the cage all the time, they come out all the time, they have fresh food, water and plenty of toys and room so I don’t understand why they keep on biting the bars? Any advice?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
The easiest way to keep them from doing that, and saving yourself the money for their dental bills in the process, is to line the inside of the cage with plexiglass to a high enough level that they can't reach the bars.

If they only do it at the sides of the cage closest to the kitchen, you may be able to get away with only lining those.

But biting can also be a sign of boredom. How large is the cage? and how many pigs are in it?

Kayleighlauren

Cavy Slave
The easiest way to keep them from doing that, and saving yourself the money for their dental bills in the process, is to line the inside of the cage with plexiglass to a high enough level that they can't reach the bars.

If they only do it at the sides of the cage closest to the kitchen, you may be able to get away with only lining those.

But biting can also be a sign of boredom. How large is the cage? and how many pigs are in it?

Thankyou i will try that, I have one boar in a 3x2 cage and another boar in its own aswell.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.