Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding Charlie has a new friend! Meet Henry!

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
They should hit puberty around 6 months, but that's just a guesstimate.

alfonzpig

Cavy Slave
I think they hit puberty between 5 and 7 months of age, it seems different between different pigs.

JenNPiggys

Cavy Slave
Any idea how old my boys may be based on their weight? Being that they are both about 16 ounces I would guess they are very close in age.

alfonzpig

Cavy Slave
I couldnt begin to guess. Alfonz is 1 and he is a 2.5 pound guinea pig, where Jellybean is 5 and he is only 1 pound. Yours are 16 ounces, I would say they are maybe full grown, or close to full grown, but I couldnt be sure.

You could take a good picture of their nails, usually older pigs nails become more brittle, but other than that I have no clue lol.

JenNPiggys

Cavy Slave

alfonzpig

Cavy Slave
They look pretty young honestly, I would say, comparing them to my little Marbles, your boys look to be maybe 3-4 months old, at their weight, and from the look of their little adorable feet.

They look healthy and happy and fantastic. My guess at their age is is 3-4 months though.

JenNPiggys

Cavy Slave
@alfonzpig I was hoping that they weren't too old! I tried to get pictures of the nails and both of them acting as if I ere KILLING them! Silly Piggys!!!

alfonzpig

Cavy Slave
I cant guarantee my guess, but I feel like I am pretty close with my guess. Guinea pigs are silly when you want to get a picture of them, but when you aren't trying, they will just sit there looking like they expect you to do something. lol

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
Honestly, IDK if they are getting along. As I said I am still VERY new to this. There is a lot of mounting on Charlie's part. Henry seems VERY submissive and tolerant of it. How long will Charlie continue to act this way? I know he is just saying "Hey, I'm the Big Pig" but Henry doesn't seem to be challenging that at all. So, why is Charlie still doing it? Right now they are each in their own corner of the cage resting.

I have 2 hay trays, 2 pellet dishes. I have 2 houses but I took those out because they only have 1 door. (going to add a back door later today to both)

They also have a HUGE play area. This area in the picture is turned into a piggy playground for at least 2 hours everyday though the week and longer on the weekends.

https://s1310.photobucket.com/user/jennifereckert6297/media/Piggys/DSCN0619_zps8ba529cc.jpg.html

What else can I do to make these 2 boys be friends? Or am I just worrying too much? (It's OK you can be honest) I really just want to do what's right for my baby boys!

I'm jealous of the space you have for free time! Lol.

JenNPiggys

Cavy Slave
It's a good use of dead space!

alfonzpig

Cavy Slave
Tomorrow when I have my pigs out for re introduction I will take a picture of the space I give them for floor time :D

JenNPiggys

Cavy Slave
Tomorrow when I have my pigs out for re introduction I will take a picture of the space I give them for floor time :D

Oh, you are going to make us all jealous aren't you? ;)

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
I have to rearrange my living room practically lol. I'm thinking of just scooting the kitchen table to the side and set up the barriers.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.