Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece How do you keep your fleece from moving?

Selenaah

Cavy Slave
I got a c and c cage a couple and the fleece keeps moving around
ive fully given up on it and im ready to throw this cage out because they re pooping and peeing all over the coroplast.
what tricks do you guys have?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: How do you keep your fleese from moving?

Well, for one thing, you need an absorbent layer underneath the fleece. Fleece over coroplast won't work, because fleece only serves to wick the liquid through to the absorbent layer.

That said, I put bricks in the corners of the cage to hold the fleece down.

new2piggs

Cavy Slave

I have the liner's with the sides and I clip them to the sides of the cage high enough that the pigs can't pull them down.

Selenaah

Cavy Slave

I use puppy training pads, and take the fleece off every 3-4 days, change the fleece every 7.

kcake67

Cavy Slave
I personally don't use fleece bedding as I prefer paper beddings. But I have a friend who ways down her corners with toys, food bowls, hay, all kinds of stuff. Maybe try that.

My2Piggies00

Cavy Slave
I don't have a C&C cage but I saw a few people use those clips that offices use to hold larges stacks of paper together. *Not paper clips.

You clip it to the side of the coroplast which also gives it a clean looking finish

Tam Piggy love

Cavy Slave

I buy the liners that are perfectly sized for my C&C cage. And because they fit perfectly in the bottom of the tray and the edges are all sewn to be a little stiff, they don't really move around, and my pigs stay on top of them nicely.

KristenMatejka

Cavy Slave
I made my own cage liner and sewed on sides for the liner to lay over the edges of the cage. Has been working greay for us! 20170309_133116.jpg

DonkeyBrainz

Cavy Slave
1 1/2-2" binder clips!

I have thick rugs, towels on top of that (for absorbent layer), then fleece on top to wick away moisture. I use binder clips to keep the towels and fleece clipped together. I kinda just fold it in the corners and clip it underneath so the pigs don't chew on the clips.

BeckieL

Cavy Slave
I'm going to have to try something like this now (bricks or clips). My SWEET, CUTE, PRECIOUS little GP has been burrowing up under the fleece for the past few days and I can't get him to stop. he will run from one end of the cage to the other UNDER the fleece. He pops out, grabs a bite of hay, and runs back to the other end of the cage under the fleece. lol.

grace&piggies

Cavy Slave
My cage liners are like [MENTION=19952]KristenMatejka[/MENTION]'s. Like an inverted fitted sheet. They don't move, the pigs can't get underneath, chew on the coroflute, etc.

BFGuru

Cavy Slave
I made my own cage liner and sewed on sides for the liner to lay over the edges of the cage. Has been working greay for us!View attachment 81915

Care to share your pattern? Mine is oversized enough to wrap and I clip it to the sides but it bunches so bad in the corners.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.