Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Connectors Where can I find extra connectors?

Khrisxtine

Cavy Slave
Hello,

I finally set up my C &C cage but I was trying to make it 2 x 4, but it didn't come with enough connectors. So I am only able to do 2 x 3 right now (and left with a ton of grids).. Can someone point me in the right direction where I can get more connectors (preferably in store, so I don't have to wait for shipping :cool: i'm too impatient lol)

Brandi0509

Cavy Slave
My local rescue sells extra connectors. So if you have a local guinea pig rescue I would check there! You can also use zip ties instead of connectors.

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I'm not sure that you can buy just connectors at a store. I think you would just have to buy a cheap pack of grids from Bed Bath and Beyond and get the grids AND the connectors.

Your best bet would be to buy them off of the GPCs store HERE. They are only 36cents.

And I agree with [MENTION=25411]Brandi0509[/MENTION]. You can always use zipties in a pinch, or as a solution until you can find or order other connectors.

Khrisxtine

Cavy Slave
@Brandi0509 [MENTION=24942]T1ggerPigLuvur[/MENTION] Thank you for your response!

Im not even sure where to get zip ties? and would I connect them at the top and bottom to mimic the connectors? If anything I'll purchase them at the GPC's store like you recommended! The rescue I adopted my piggies at, only sell it as a kit (not extras)

And I'll have to also wait till I can get a new coroplast board because I already cut it to fit a 2 x 3 (because I didn't want my girls to live in a small cage that I got from the pet store).. Does anyone know if they sell the coroplast at the GPC store already made? (lol it literally took me 2 hours to make it my self LOL)

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Any hardware store should sell zipties. And yes, you would connect two grids at the top and the bottom.

What do you mean by pre-made coroplast boards? I bought THIS and all I had to do was tape the four corners together.

Khrisxtine

Cavy Slave
@T1ggerPigLuvur Thank you so much, that was exactly what I was looking for.. I had to measure and cut/score my coroplast board and it was a PITA trying to get it in my car lol.. I will definitely just get that one..

I do have another question if you can answer it.. I want to use the extra grids to make a stand.. how could I do this? just put them below the others?

Rabbit_Lover

Cavy Slave
Cable ties are actually stronger than the connectors. You can get them just about anywhere. Make sure you get the thicker ones that are about 6-8"" long.

Khrisxtine

Cavy Slave
Search in the Gallery for various types of stands. I'll post a pic of mine. I bought canvas bins from Target to store items in the stands. My cage is placed in a narrow space between my desk and the wall, so I made the openings for the bins so that I could access them from only one direction. I created the cage with a very secure floor, and then used zip-ties to join the cage to the stand.

You may also want to consider putting casters (wheels) on the stand so that you can move it to clean. I just expanded my cage, and am going to add the wheels this weekend.

That is exactly what I'd like to do to mine. Thank you :)

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Always use zip ties even with the connectors. IMO double grid stands are the best, a real back saver. Basically what Spy9doc showed but two high. You can also do it so both sides are cubbie storage areas if the cage is not against the wall.

Khrisxtine

Cavy Slave
Always use zip ties even with the connectors. IMO double grid stands are the best, a real back saver. Basically what Spy9doc showed but two high. You can also do it so both sides are cubbie storage areas if the cage is not against the wall.

I was thinking of doing the zip ties and connectors (the safest route)..

When i expand, i'm planning on bringing the girls upstairs in my room.. (it used to be my makeup room/studio).. but could definitely benefit from having it higher because cleaning and everythign with it on the floor is killing my back.

Did you mean I should put mine like Spy9doc, but two grids higher? and it will be close to a wall, but I also want it to be as safe and sturdy as possible..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.