Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Halloween is coming up!

emeraldamykate

Cavy Slave
Is anyone else getting super excited about Halloween?!
Now that the stores are starting to fill up with pumpkins and ghosts I am just getting really into it!
Also, this year I finally live in a house where I will be getting trick or treaters! Instead of out in the middle of nowhere where I had to "sadly" eat all of the candy by myself. :D
But I'm super excited to hand out candy to the little kids in my neighborhood, and seeing their adorable costumes.

Do you guys have your plans in mind yet? And do you dress your pets up? I'm thinking of getting my rabbit a costume, something that goes with mine. (I'm crazy, I know. Haha.)

I'm not sure if I'll have guinea pigs at Halloween or not, but Trick or Wheeking for peppers sounds like a fun thing to do with the piggies. :p

NarwhalsRock

Cavy Slave
Oh, geez. Halloween already!! I usually don't start thinking about it until it's ACTUALLY October. I will probably do trick or wheeking with the piggies, but I'm not a big animal dresser-upper...

emeraldamykate

Cavy Slave
I'm usually the type of person that doesn't think of it until like a couple weeks before, but this year I am actually doing something, so it's pretty exciting.
Also I need to order my costume online so I kind of HAVE to think about it this early.
Thankfully I think I've decided on something!
A character from Alice in Wonderland, and my bunny will be the white rabbit! Even though he has spots. Haha. Close enough, and I'm excited! :)

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
I have kids and a husband to dress I might dress the dog if I have time since he goes with us. I think the kids want to be super heroes (again), I'm not sure what I want to be or the hubby to go with that. Ha, maybe we should be the super man crew? Superman, Superwoman, Superboy(s), and super dog! Lol

PiggieAddict
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

angie901

Cavy Slave
Is anyone else getting super excited about Halloween?!
Now that the stores are starting to fill up with pumpkins and ghosts I am just getting really into it!
Also, this year I finally live in a house where I will be getting trick or treaters! Instead of out in the middle of nowhere where I had to "sadly" eat all of the candy by myself. :D
But I'm super excited to hand out candy to the little kids in my neighborhood, and seeing their adorable costumes.

Do you guys have your plans in mind yet? And do you dress your pets up? I'm thinking of getting my rabbit a costume, something that goes with mine. (I'm crazy, I know. Haha.)

I'm not sure if I'll have guinea pigs at Halloween or not, but Trick or Wheeking for peppers sounds like a fun thing to do with the piggies. :p

You're bunny reminds me of last halloween. We went to this house and there were a bunch of kids standing around a cardboard box reaching inside it. I thought there was candy in there. So as I walk up I squish myself through to get some candy. "Wait, I'm not getting candy!" I say "Apparantly I'm getting a bunny for halloween." There was a grayish brown bunny inside of the box and all the kids were petting them. I felt so bad for the bunny. She was scared and all these cold hands were touching her. And it was a cold night. I was about to just go steal the bunny and show her what real taking care of is. So irresponsible! Then I rang on their door bell for candy and two little girls, one about my brothers age (10) and one about the age of my younger sister (5). OBVIOUSLY! WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING? LITTLE GIRLS! :mad: :grumpy: :headache:eek:fftopic

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I was born around Halloween, so it's always been my favorite holiday. When I lived in Chicago, I'd travel with my nieces to all the haunted houses in the surrounding suburbs, from local fundraisers to big professional ones. They started in early October and ran all the way through the holiday. When I got married, I got my husband into haunted housing too.

Now I live near the Central Florida theme parks, so I spend every night possible at Halloween Horror Nights (Universal) and HowlOScream (Busch Gardens), as well as visiting the tamer celebrations at Disney World and SeaWorld. The really cool thing is that I write about the theme parks, so I get to go to the Halloween media events. This year I'll be meeting Penn & Teller because they have a haunted house at Universal. That's going to be a real highlight!

asnnbrg

Cavy Slave
Is anyone else -- and I'm just tossing this out there -- planning on changing their fleece for the seasons? Not that my husband and I are INTO holidays or anything, but we've already been *cough* discussing our *ahem* cage potentials so that our piggies can feel like they're getting in on the holiday action. I mean, I don't want them to feel left out or anything.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
I'm going to do a fleece pad that is Halloween on one side and T-Day on the other. I'm also going to make a double sided x-mass one. Less for the guinea pigs and more for showing off to my house guests. *cough*inlaws*cough* Lol

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I might do some Halloween themed fleece this year depending on what's cute and what's on sale! I haven't done it in years past because I've had so many cages it just wasn't practical but now I only have three piggy cages so it might be kinda fun! Great idea.

We don't do much else for Halloween, but I do put new collars on my dogs about every month and I'm really excited about their 'bats' Halloween ones this year!

IMG-20120909-02328-1-1.jpg

My birthday is the day after, but it's otherwise nothing really special around here.

PiggieAddict
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

LittlePiggie

Cavy Slave
Halloween never really was a big holiday for me. I mean, it is fun to dress up and all, but I never really kept track of when it was. Christmas is always the biggie. My piggies have their own stockings:)

emeraldamykate

Cavy Slave
@Inle_Rabbit I think the Super family idea is fun! (Especially if you've already done it and already have all the costumes!) Also your reason for getting fleece to match the season made me giggle. lol

@angie901 Wow! Poor bunny! I'm probably just going to dress my rabbit up for a few pictures and to maybe show off to a couple of my neighbors real fast. But he is definitely not going in a box to be pet by all the neighbor kids!

@mufasa Your job sounds like a blast! And I have a few birthdays to celebrate in October, too! Not mine, but my dad and his sisters were all born in October. :D

@Paula I LOVE those bat collars! Where did you find them? I think my aunt would like one for her dog! :)

diagoNfriend

Cavy Slave
i am getting super excited! this is the first year my 4 year old has the vocabulary and articulation skills to tell me what he wants to be and oh boy does he has some crazy heck no ideas! he wanted to be a zombie but that would scare my 2 year old into a week of sleepless nights! and then he wanted to be a warewolf....same situation would happen with the 2 year old..... so we are trying to find a "scary" yet not threatening costume for him this year. my daughter is also starting to be able to make clear choices when it comes to outfits so i am thinking of taking her to the store and giving her some choices too! heck we have *my husband and i* even talked about dressing up this year! i always get super excited to take my minions out to wreak havoc on the unsuspecting candy bars! every year they get so excited...well this is the first year my daughter is starting to look forward to it. pumpkin carving and seed roasting are two of my fav. things of the holidays! and my husband loves to decorate for the holidays..... so we are going to be super fun filled. we even paint decorations for family every year so they have little suvaniers *my kids are the only grand kids and great grand kids in the family or are the only ones that are not teenagers. lol* i am also looking forward to building my holiday basket for the older kids. if anyone has some scary classic books that they would like to recommend for a 13 year old and a 16 year old that would fantastic! i am running out of books that are scary and classics i think. lol. i am super excited for this year. i just have a good feeling.

paula i LOVE the collars. they are so cute...wonder if my cats would stand for them.... hmmmm

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
@Paula I LOVE those bat collars! Where did you find them? I think my aunt would like one for her dog! :)
I actually have them custom made, if you're really interested, PM me and I can give you the gal's info.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
I'm not really into halloween. Being nearly 16, I'm not allowed to go trick or treating, or really do anything. I'll probably have a pignic with the pigs and do a nice little halloween photoshoot. Maybe I'll make a nice veggie plate up and I'll just have halloween with them :p

CHRISTMAS however, I'm excited for. The pigs will most definitely have stockings, and I'll probably get some holiday fleece and it will be exciting. Their birthdays are around may, not sure when exactly, but I adopted them on may 12th 2012 at one year old so we'll just make that their birthday. I'm definitely having a birthday party for them! :D :D even if it's just my mom and I, and the pigs. It will be celebrated.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
@Paula those collars are adorable!

I just realized this is the first Halloween we'll have the piggy girls. We're usually at Universal on Halloween Night, so I hope they don't get too disturbed by the doorbell while we're gone. I hate quiet little ding-dongs so I have this LOUD LOUD LOUD Big Ben chime doorbell that scares people to death. Seriously, if they come to my house and ring it once, they tend to just knock if they come back.

We actually don't get too many trick or treaters though. It makes me sad because I used to love to terrorize them. At our old house, my husband would answer the door in a torn, bloody t-shirt with a handcuff dangling from one hand, shove a bunch of candy at the kids, and yell, "Hurry! Take it and leave before she comes back!" Then I'd rush in in a black costume and rubber mask with a bloody plastic knife and stab him a few times before I slammed the door. They loved it. One time hubby was taking a potty break so I answered the door in my costume, but just acting normal. The kids were all like "Do the skit! Do the skit!" They'd bring all their little friends. I often wonder if the person who bought that house wondered why they got such big crowds of kids that next Halloween.

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
@Paula those collars are adorable!

I just realized this is the first Halloween we'll have the piggy girls. We're usually at Universal on Halloween Night, so I hope they don't get too disturbed by the doorbell while we're gone. I hate quiet little ding-dongs so I have this LOUD LOUD LOUD Big Ben chime doorbell that scares people to death. Seriously, if they come to my house and ring it once, they tend to just knock if they come back.

We actually don't get too many trick or treaters though. It makes me sad because I used to love to terrorize them. At our old house, my husband would answer the door in a torn, bloody t-shirt with a handcuff dangling from one hand, shove a bunch of candy at the kids, and yell, "Hurry! Take it and leave before she comes back!" Then I'd rush in in a black costume and rubber mask with a bloody plastic knife and stab him a few times before I slammed the door. They loved it. One time hubby was taking a potty break so I answered the door in my costume, but just acting normal. The kids were all like "Do the skit! Do the skit!" They'd bring all their little friends. I often wonder if the person who bought that house wondered why they got such big crowds of kids that next Halloween.

We dont do holidays around here always working, and we dont get kids for halloween the kids now go to the mall to do halloween I live in the city. I guess because of all the weirdos around here wanting to do bad things.

macysmom

Cavy Slave
Halloween is my ultimate favorite holiday. We totally get into it! I am going as a french renissance vampire, I started buying accesories for the costume today. LOL I have been checking out Jo Anns for halloween print fleece, its just hard to decide, some of them are just too cute.

angie901

Cavy Slave
@angie901 Wow! Poor bunny! I'm probably just going to dress my rabbit up for a few pictures and to maybe show off to a couple of my neighbors real fast. But he is definitely not going in a box to be pet by all the neighbor kids!

Yeah I was so sad about it. Sorry for the late respond. Their older sister goes to my junior high and she said that someone took her bunny on that night and they found her dead by the road a couple blocks from the house. It was claimed to be the neighborhood bullies who go around shooting air soft guns at everyone's car wind shield. and threw eggs at our car and toilet papered someones trees in their yard. And she was all beaten up and looked like she was kicked and smashed to death, because blood was coming out of her nose and...sorry I'm getting too graphic here. Well that's why I went and found our neighbor hood bullies (who are my age) and I went and asked them if they had anything to do with it. I wasn't sure if they were lying or not but i'm pretty sure they were. I don't know for sure because they said they didn't have "ANYTHING" to do with it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.