Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat Do you do anything special for your piggies over the holidays?

NikkisPigs

Cavy Slave
Or do you ever decorate with a guinea pig theme? I was just thinking about this when I realize that I could decorate to match Bruce (silver) and Harvey (gold) this christmas! Haha! I might buy a few extra trinkets to decorate around the cages to make things festive.

starrgazerr

Cavy Slave
sounds cute!!

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Yes I do for Halloween last year I decorated Star's cage with a happy Halloween banner. I also had some spiders zip tied to the cage I also had a skeleton on his cage. I also had a black rose on his cage. Then for thanksgiving I put some fall flowers on his cage. They were all out of reach for him so no worries. And for Christmas I have a mini tree I put up. And I try to make all ornaments piggy themed. Like some veggie ornaments, and guinea pig shaped ornaments. Plus I add the regular color ball ornaments to add some color. I also added some red Christmas bows on his cage. So basically we have two trees up ours and the pigs. I only got the tree last year so before Star died he had a tree. Now I will be using it for my new piggies. I wish I had a pic of his tree from last year but we didn't expect him to pass away.

Last edited:

PiggieGuinea

Cavy Slave
I always put candy cane lights around the cage for the holidays, and I have a tiny tree in my room and their presents go under it lol

Since Im a minor I have started saving up to decorate their cage and buy them presents already haha

GeekPrincess

Cavy Slave
I'm going to this year - At least with their liners

spudsthepiget

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I love to decorate the pigs' room for holidays; It doesn't really even matter which holiday. Mostly I'll just got Wal-Mart and pick up a few cheap decorations, but I love the way it turns out. I like to make videos of my decorations and post them to my YouTube channel.

NikkisPigs

Cavy Slave
sounds cute!!

^_^ I think it'll be darling! I'll post photos!

Yes I do for Halloween last year I decorated Star's cage with a happy Halloween banner. I also had some spiders zip tied to the cage I also had a skeleton on his cage. I also had a black rose on his cage. Then for thanksgiving I put some fall flowers on his cage. They were all out of reach for him so no worries. And for Christmas I have a mini tree I put up. And I try to make all ornaments piggy themed. Like some veggie ornaments, and guinea pig shaped ornaments. Plus I add the regular color ball ornaments to add some color. I also added some red Christmas bows on his cage. So basically we have two trees up ours and the pigs. I only got the tree last year so before Star died he had a tree. Now I will be using it for my new piggies. I wish I had a pic of his tree from last year but we didn't expect him to pass away.

That's so cool! Where do you get piggie themed decorations?

I always put candy cane lights around the cage for the holidays, and I have a tiny tree in my room and their presents go under it lol

Since Im a minor I have started saving up to decorate their cage and buy them presents already haha

So cute! ^_^

I'm going to this year - At least with their liners

I thought about making special liners too! I'd love to see pics when you get them done! =)

I love to decorate the pigs' room for holidays; It doesn't really even matter which holiday. Mostly I'll just got Wal-Mart and pick up a few cheap decorations, but I love the way it turns out. I like to make videos of my decorations and post them to my YouTube channel.

That's a good idea ^_^ What is your youtube channel? I'd love to see your videos! =D

daisy1cow

Cavy Slave
We also have different fleece for holidays, pumpkins and leaves for fall, a Christmas one, Valentines day, St. Pat's. Spudsthepiget does Fourth of July, Easter. She has some really cute decorations.

NikkisPigs

Cavy Slave
We also have different fleece for holidays, pumpkins and leaves for fall, a Christmas one, Valentines day, St. Pat's. Spudsthepiget does Fourth of July, Easter. She has some really cute decorations.

That's really cool! I just got my fleece so I haven't made a lot of liners yet. I definitely have to get on it! Sounds like a lot of fun ^_^

daisy1cow

Cavy Slave
Oh, fleece is so addictive. I have 19 cage fleeces and just got done sewing kitchens pads and have 18 of those! YIKES Just say no to fleece, hahaha
Especially when Hancocks or Joann's has awesome sales. Ive gotten most of mine for under $4 a yard.
October is Fleece Fest at Hancock's so fleece will be super cheap. $3 a yard!!!!

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Slave
Last year I didn't have much in the way of decorating for the girls, just some christmas themed wooden chews that I knew they wouldn't touch. A candy cane, reindeer, and santa. This year I plan on going all out for Christmas!

spudsthepiget

Cavy Slave
Sure I'll sub back :)

Lizzieball12

Cavy Slave
I haven't decorated the boys for holidays, but they always have presents! Even "grandma and grandpa" (my mom and dad) get them present. I should be getting a C&C cage for my birthday and maybe then we'll decorate for the holidays. I do have a fear though that anything I do will just get eaten by Snickers. Crazy thing chews on everything but his toys!

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Just make sure its out of reach :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.