Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Adopted a satin pig - health problems?

mimipig

Cavy Slave
I just adopted a new pig today, she's just over a year old and she seems very small, her fur is super soft and shiny so I think she may be satin. After bringing her home, I read that they're prone to severe bone health issues. Should I have her taken to the vet and x-rayed? The shelter, the local humane society, had her checked by a vet when they got her a few weeks ago who said she was in good health and they treated her with a small dose of Revolution so her health seems great. Here are some pictures - if anyone could let me know if she is satin and if so, if any additional vet care is needed at this point?
(broken link removed)

edit- the Revolution they give to all their guinea pigs when getting them, not because she had any health issues.

Last edited:

mimipig

Cavy Slave
That's great, I can see what you mean, thank you!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Ditto @ThePigAlchemist. She doesn't look satin to me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.