Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet Overweight sow

Jake8771

Cavy Slave
And I can consciously explain why she’s fine, but I still have compulsive actions. I have vet records of her in between 2.7 and almost 2.10 from over a year ago. I weighed her at the vet this last July, and she was 2.65. By September she was 2.11 lol. Now she has gradually gone back down. I’m aware she has a slow digestion often times, and I have prokinetics on hand just in case. When she weighs less she poops more. I’m fully aware that she does this, and I can even admit it, yet I still cant control it. It’s really hard.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm pretty happy that your girls are doing well. No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer.

Keep doing what you're doing and I know they'll thrive :)

Jake8771

Cavy Slave
Thanks for your replies, it does mean a lot to have someone agree with my positive and more realistic thoughts!

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
Both of your guinea pigs look healthy and a good weight. It's best to weigh the same time each day to get an accurate weight. Otherwise, they eat, they drink, they pee and their weights are all over the place.

If you do want to track and graph their weights, food, meds, etc., I have an Excel spreadsheet that you can play with. It's posted on another forum, and here is a link: https://www.guinealynx.info/guinea_pig_health_tracker.xlsx

I put this together when my guinea pig was ill and I was trying to keep track of daily changes in weight and health.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
I have an Excel spreadsheet that you can play with. I put this together when my guinea pig was ill and I was trying to keep track of daily changes in weight and health.

Good work on the spreadsheet! I weigh my cavies at the same time, same day each week. This will allow me to keep a more detailed record of their weights and the factors associated with that. Thanks for sharing!

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
Glad you find it useful. I had just retired and was an avid Excel user, so my former coworkers got a good laugh out of the new spreadsheet for guinea pigs!

Jake8771

Cavy Slave
And now she’s back up to 2 pounds 11 ounces. If you follow the comments of the thread you see an exact timeline of her fluctuations. It’s very strange.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.