Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ferrets Ferret Questions?

Traysea

Cavy Slave
I used to have ferrets, I didn't read all the replies but just a heads up they are VERY good at getting into mischief and most of them would really enjoy hunting/killing rodents and birds. You would have to be SUPER diligent about locking cages and better off if they stayed in separate rooms behind closed doors or they would be stressing out your rodents/birds if you owned any.

Dessypoobear

Cavy Slave
If you do get a ferret and have piggies be careful. The ferret will attack the guinea pig no matter how sweet they seem. I almost lost Oreo to a ferret, guinea pigs are prey to them.

Rabbit_Lover

Cavy Slave
Thank you! @edcaguy I love my babies, best pets ever. I'm excited to move out and hopefully get two more. After I get another ferret nation for a double wide I'd like to have 6 or 7 of the xD
But lot's of people have worries that they can't be in the same room, but with most ferrets unless they are on the whole food prey diet they don't really know what to do with them. It is not suggested to leave them together unsupervised but I think it would be okay if they were not on the whole prey food diet to have them in the same room. My ferrets are around my dwarf rabbits, cats, and chihuahua all the time and no problems what so ever. There not vicious animals that will attack anything there size..

BestGuineaPigs

Cavy Slave
Thank you! @edcaguy I love my babies, best pets ever. I'm excited to move out and hopefully get two more. After I get another ferret nation for a double wide I'd like to have 6 or 7 of the xD
But lot's of people have worries that they can't be in the same room, but with most ferrets unless they are on the whole food prey diet they don't really know what to do with them. It is not suggested to leave them together unsupervised but I think it would be okay if they were not on the whole prey food diet to have them in the same room. My ferrets are around my dwarf rabbits, cats, and chihuahua all the time and no problems what so ever. There not vicious animals that will attack anything there size..
Well, would it be safe to have them in the same room, but NEVER together? I would have the cages in the same room, but for floor time, they would be in another room. I would have them in separate rooms, but since my mom has a daycare, I would only be able to give them floor time when the daycare kids are all gone. The room is totally ferret proof. It has all the toys on high shelves, and there is only a couch and chair that they can't get under or behind in the room.

Rabbit_Lover

Cavy Slave
Sounds great. Just remember that most ferrets can go threw 9x9 holes, but if you do get a ferret nation you will not have to worry about them escaping :) Just don't let them run around in the room when the piggies are in the cage if yours are on the floor.

BestGuineaPigs

Cavy Slave
Well, we're making a new guinea pig cage. It's an indoor hutch. We got the idea from Petco.com Instead of the wires we're using chicken wire.
791611015186C.jpg

Melissa123

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Not sure if this has been added or not but when buying a cage go to www.ferret.com They have the lowest price that I've seen so far. I don't have ferrets, I have chinchillas and I love my Ferret Nations. Very easy to clean and put together.

Rabbit_Lover

Cavy Slave
Awesome! Just make sure they have enough room to get there zoomies in :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.