Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat Let me draw your guinea pigs!

Rocky5

Cavy Slave
Style: Realistic please :)
Medium: Coloured pencil would be amazing
Substrate of choice: whichever you see fit.
Color, if possible.
What I want the picture to
be of: Blake, Gibby, Toro, and Snickers all getting along and cuddling :) I would like it to be bigger so do as much detail as you want :)

20150622_173354.jpg
20150622_173234.jpg Blake is the grey agouti, Snickers is in the middle, and Toro is orange, black, and white. :)

Amanda Marie

Cavy Slave
Hows it going? Having any fun drawing piggies????

Amanda Marie

Cavy Slave
Thanks for doing this. I wish i could draw hahaha

wombats

Cavy Slave
@Amanda Marie: They're getting there, thanks for asking!! It's taking longer than I would have liked to but I hope the extra time will compensate for better quality...things have been coming up recently and I've been falling behind on these already so they're not as finished as I'd like them to be...so already I know these'll take longer than I would have liked, but they're getting there. I still can't edit posts which is strange so I haven't updated the list, but be aware I have seen the most recent requests and have made a mental note that I will get to them! :)

Just be patient friends, it's getting there. I'll post a few work in progress shots in a bit if that would compensate. :) I'm getting a lot better at drawing accurate animals very quickly so I'll at least sketch the first ones out before I color them so everyone can see how they're going so far. Just hold tight and I'll get back to you all soon!

wombats

Cavy Slave
Here are a few of the one's I'm working on...I'm almost done Crystalrella's first one and I really like it so far! She won't look as weird once I add the brown and tan don't worry. I wish I had more to show, but I've been suprisingly busy recently and haven't really had the chance to sit down and draw for more than an hour or two straight. I'm hoping I can start working on them earlier tomorrow and actually start knocking them out.

aafd8af68bfd913156f524271dfb1f16.jpg

971930cde2fd86baed2dfb4b52db67d3.jpg

acc0bd7ba8d3c1972f5792bda491d624.jpg

I also started sketching Kovu but I accidentally got some chocolate icing on the paper. I was eating cake and didn't really think it through that I had melty chocolate icing next to my art. I have since learned my lesson. [emoji14]

I also hope these are okay so far...once I color and clean them up they won't be so wonky looking. And I'll erase the usernames too; I just wrote them down so I'd know who each one was for. I've had fun sketching these so far but I think I'm already falling into the perfectionist trap of "this isn't good enough and they're going to hate it and AGGGHH" so I was really nervous about showing these...I hope when they're done though everyone will like them. :)

cavycrazy1107

Cavy Gazer
The ones so far are amazing!! I love them tons and cannot wait to see the masterpiece that will be mine. You're in no rush for mine and take as long as you need to! Thanks for doing this! You're great! :D And if you haven't started on mine, I would like it if you could put some veggies into the drawing. SOme of their favorites they have are cherry tomatoes, carrots, green bell peppers, and strawberries just to give you an idea. Thanks and if you can't that's ok.

wombats

Cavy Slave
Ahh thank you so much...I'm glad you think so, I was so nervous as to how people would recieve these. That's really reassuring :)

And regarding your request, I haven't started on yours just yet so it's really good that you told me now! I most certainly can add the veggiea, as well, and I think it'll be adorable. :D Hopefully I can start getting these done soon so I can start working down the line. Yours will be in the first batch though, if I remember correctly, or early second batch at latest so you'll be seeinf yours soon enough :)

Amanda Marie

Cavy Slave
They look so good!!!! They are beautiful!!!! That's funny about the chocolate icing on Kovu's drawing he loved the smell of chocolate(never gave him any) so its somewhat fitting. hahaha. Take as much time as you need. I am not in any rush. I am just happy that your learning and having fun do them..Good luck have fun and take your time. They are great so don't worry about that. hahaha

80s_piggies

Cavy Slave
Loving it so far! Can't wait to see the finished products :D

Amanda Marie

Cavy Slave
Hope everything is going good. Can't wait to see what you came up with.

Lady Amelia

Cavy Slave
I am also still so excited about this! I was daydreaming about a Werewolf piggy tattoo!!

sophienotsofie

Cavy Slave
I hope you wouldn't mind another person to request! I wasn't entirely sure how to go
about my request so I did it based off of what I've seen, sorry if it's a bit weird or anything?

Style: Realistic, please

Medium: Ink that's colored in with color pencil

Substrate: Whichever fits.

All I want is a simple picture of my guinea pig, Ozzie. I added two pictures of her so you can kinda see more since the first isn't all too good. But the first picture that I would show is the position I would kinda like her in, but if that's hard for you to do then you can just do a simple profile of her.

Take as much time as you need! I'll just be glad to get it whenever you can get it finished! Also, I would like it to be emailed to myself so I can use it for different things and such (but you would get credit for it, everyone I know knows I can't draw, at all, so no need to worry about that). If you could send a message on here when it's done, I would be happy to give you my email then for you to send it out.

CavyKaren

Cavy Slave
WOW!!!! Your work is amazing!!! I'll have to work on getting some good pictures of mine.

wombats

Cavy Slave
WHOO BOY sorry everything's taking so long guys...a lot of stuff is coming up recently and I'm becoming a bit stressed about it all...

I'll be a senior in high school next year, and my mom's asking me to narrow down my potential colleges and we have to do college visits and all that, and I have to do a "graduation project" that;s due when we get back, and if I don't, I can't graduate. I'll be caring for miniature donkeys as my project and need to log 30 hours of work along with a 3 page essay and journal about it. I'm so sorry the timing has been so awful but I get really stressed out really easilly and I don't want to burn myself out just yet...

I'm going to try and work on them one at a time and see if that helps....I do still want to do a batch-like system, but it might be a batch a week or every two weeks. We'll have to see how this goes. I hope everyone's been having a nice time though, I'll get back to you all when I can. I'm always looming around the forum but I haven;t had much time to sit down and do art. :( But again we'll see how it goes...I haven't given up just yet, it's just taking up time

Icarus_Hermes

Cavy Slave
Late to the party, hope you don't mind. If you're too busy, that's fine, but I've always been jealous of my drawing friends and failed at sketching my boys myself. (P.S. Good luck on the grad project! Mine was a time suck as well!)

Preferred style: Cartoony or semi/fairly realistic
Medium/Substrate: Your choice
Coloring: Black and white
Picture to be of: I just want something of my boys together

Here’s my boys: Icarus on the left and Hermes on the right. The photo isn’t tricking you, Icarus a cuy and twice the size of Hermes.

boar babies.jpg

A little background on my furbabies…
Icarus is my drama pig and has all the skittish qualities typical of a cuy. But he is also so expressive! If I try I try to feed him a veggie he doesn't like, he makes a stink face. If I feed him a veggie he loves, he holds it high in the air and does this cute happy strut.

Hermes is my hyper pig, yet laid back personality-wise. He loves running laps around the cage. He goes nuts when I refill the hay and loves burrowing in the hay pile. He also loves following Icarus around around the cage. Icarus get fussy over Hermes being his permanent shadow, but when the boys were separated while Hermes recovered from surgery, it was Icarus who pressed his nose against the barrier and squeaked to have his buddy back.

They both definitely have their boar moments, but they also love napping nose-to-nose.

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
As the mother of another 17 year old artist I wanted to say a few things...

First and foremost, you rock and I'm so proud of what you're doing here! Your post was detailed and very articulate as well so [emoji93]there! You also did a great job explaining use terms for your commissions!

Second, I would like to make a suggestion, I hope you don't mind. Be sure to keep the originals and digital copies for your portfolio. Also, to those receiving pics, it would be great if you could write up a "review" for her to keep with her work as references for future commission work. It really helps an artist when they have satisfied "customers" recommendations for future commission seekers to see.

Thirdly, if you haven't already, might I suggest a Facebook page for your art? My daughter has had good success and feedback with hers. Just a thought. Again, amazing work and I'm very impressed. I would request a pic but I have already commissioned one of my heard as guinea pig ninjas standing at the ready with me in anime style ;)

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
@wombats, are you still drawing, or are you busy? I'm not trying to be intrusive, I just wanted to know. :) Your work is amazing, and I wish I could draw half as well as you.

wombats

Cavy Slave
I've just been really busy :( I'm going to be graduating next year so things have been crazy with doing my graduation project (a required thing that you have to do or you can't graduate) and learning to drive and reading buttloads of books for Advanced Placement English (college level english...I have to read The Power of One (which iw REALLY GOOD so far), Invisible Man, and Fountainhead. They're all big books to, over 500 pages each), ane I have to finish a big animation (7 minutes or so, at 12 fps meaning 12 frames [drawings] per second and it's really really difficult so far) before the summer ends...but starting this week I'm going to try to manage my time so I can get a solid 1-2 hours of art without burning myself out. I really, really want to do these, but between busy-ness and guilt it's been hard. Because besides being busy, I have a horrible tendancy to have ridiculously high standards for my work, which is good of course, until you can't finish anything because it'll never be good enough and you can't manage time to save your life and everything spirals out of control. @_@

But I'm trying, I haven't forgotten... <: ) I also still can't seem to edit posts which is bizarre, but when I figure out how, I'll edit the master post so I can update the list and everything. I'm going to have to do it in very small batches I think, but I'll get through them. I just need to sit down and do it instead of panicking over due dates and feeling crumby about taking so long...

wombats

Cavy Slave
Hello again everone; I know I have been slacking on these requests, and the guilt is eating me alive. So to help get me back into the groove of just being PRODUCTIVE, I decided to get off m procrastinating butt and at least get SOMETHING done. I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with my stress and workload, but I had a thought...if I have to procrastinate and panic, why not do something to keep me motivated and happy? And you know what makes me happy? Drawing and actuall being productive! So what I'm going to do is for most of the night, tonight, I'm going to just sit down and pound through these drawings...I'll post them a couple at a time, I think, and will try and get a certain amount done tonight...at a minimum, 3...I know I said I'd do them in batches, but it's just not going to work for two reasons: one I'll be drained and all burnt out, and my my wrist pain and shakes have started up again so I have to take it easy on my wrists.

So at least expect SOMETHING tonight and in the next few days. Probably not anything tomorrow as I know I'll be busy, but I hope if I do something, I'll feel better than having done nothing. I also still can't edit my original post which is annoying, but I assure you, I know of everyone's requests and will get to them eventually.

Last edited:

wombats

Cavy Slave
Ahhh! I'm so happy right now I'm making a lot of progress and I'm improving a lot! First one is almost done and I couldn't wait to show progress I'm really really happy with how this is turning out...it's not done yet but Cupcake looks so fantastic, lookit this little carrot queen doesn't she know carrots have too much sugar?? Nah she's just saving them for later. No one else can have the carrot queen's treasure muhuhahaha!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.