Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

The hardest thing I will ever have to do...

mariavictorious

Cavy Slave
Due to a family medical emergency, I've had to move back home with my parents to help to care of my grandfather. I thought it would only be for a while but that is no longer the likely case. The guinea pigs just don't fit in this already crowded apartment, and I really haven't had any time for them with all the medical appointments and medical care, etc. Last week the apartment had gotten so crowded that I had to move the guinea pigs to my job, which is clearly no place for them to be staying. I would need something ASAP!

I would prefer someone on this site to take them so that I can guarantee that all 4 of them would be staying together and also so I can check up on them with photos and videos that the user posts. However, seeing as I need something immediately I might just have to drop them off at a shelter.

Another thing, with all the moving and me not paying proper attention to them, the cage has fallen apart, and won't be included in me giving the guinea pigs to you. However, I would be more than glad to reasonably help cover the costs for a new cage if the user doesn't have a cage big enough to hold my 4 guinea pigs. (the cubes are fine but we would really need new chloroplast).

The attached pictures: The brown one is Lovelace & he has a crested crown. The black & brown is Memphis. They were bought together (before I knew better) 2 years ago.

Pictures of the other 2 will be attached later.

Attachments

2012-05-21 22.38.46.jpg 2012-05-21 22.44.33.jpg 2012-05-21 22.49.12.jpg 2012-05-21 22.49.20.jpg

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I know these decisions are tough.

mariavictorious

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I know these decisions are tough.

Thanks. It is pretty hard. I'm all over the place right now but my piggies should suffer because of it.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
@marivictorious, I know you meant they SHOULDN'T suffer, just letting those other people know that. [MENTION=22955]madelineelaine[/MENTION] has a friend who got someones guinea pigs. I don't remember their name, but I'm sure she could get you in contact with the person who had to go through the same thing.

PiggieGuinea

Cavy Slave
My original guinea pig came from New York. And Im hoping the best for you, your piggies, your family, and your grandfather. Good vibes coming your way!! (((((hugs)))))

jessieisabel

Cavy Slave
@YourSoJelly the pigs originally belonged to [MENTION=26722]bibliocavy[/MENTION] , i'm the one who adopted them :)

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@YourSoJelly the pigs originally belonged to @bibliocavy , i'm the one who adopted them :)

I heard about your pigs and I saw a picture of your cage on Facebook, (through Madeline, we are friends on Facebook) and I'd just like to say congrats on becoming a cavy slave and thanks for adopting those pigs :)

jessieisabel

Cavy Slave
@mariavictorious do you have a rescue in your area? if you go on guineapigzone.com you can look them up!

mariavictorious

Cavy Slave
[MENTION=23134]mariavictorious[/MENTION] do you have a rescue in your area? if you go on guineapigzone.com you can look them up!

Yes if I have no other option I'll be taking them to a rescue, but my first thought was someone from this site so I can make sure all my piggies stay together & so I can still keep in touch with them.

mariavictorious

Cavy Slave
Yes sorry!I meant shouldn't! Damn touch screen phones!

mariavictorious

Cavy Slave
[MENTION=24680]YourSoJelly[/MENTION] the pigs originally belonged to [MENTION=26722]bibliocavy[/MENTION] , i'm the one who adopted them :)

Are you looking to adopt 4 more boys?

jessieisabel

Cavy Slave
I wish I were in the position to take them, but at this point I just don't have the money to properly support them. Best of luck to you in finding a new home though!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.