Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece I am going to switch my pigs' cage to fleece tomorrow

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
I figured out that my blanket I was going to use is a little bit too small. I was wondering if this would work.

Mainstays Fleece Blanket - Walmart.com

It says it is resistant to pilling which I assume means it is anti-pill.

I was going to get 2 of them and use the one I currently have to make a fleece forest/hidey in the corner.
Also, I have 2 packs of u-haul pads and plan to wash them once in hot water. Is that enough? I know to wash and dry the fleece at least 3 times. :) Just wondering about the u-haul pads.

Kota12

Cavy Slave
If you're worried about the size of that fleece blanket, you can always go to Joann's fabric and get fleece there. It's cheaper and you get more for your money. :) Not sure about the Uhaul pads.

(broken link removed)

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
I did the math and with a coupon, it would be about $30 to get the amount I need. I can get 2 of those blankets for like $25. I have a 2x3 cage so they twin size is luckily big enough :)
I am trying to find out about the size of the u-haul pads vs the size of my cage. I have 2 of them and I want to cut them in half to get just the right size but I'm afraid they'll shrink lol oh well.

Kota12

Cavy Slave
I think @PeeweesPiggyPalace can help you out with the Uhaul pads. She also has a facebook. :)

Last edited:

sakee

Cavy Slave
Have you checked out your local thrift stores, you could get a nice big fleece blanket for $5 or so and wash it a few times in hot water

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
No I haven't actually. Didn't even think of that. Idk...I think I would be more comfortable with something new even if I did wash an old one in hot water. Who knows what was on that blanket *shudder* lol

lissie

Cavy Slave
Uhaul pads are 68 x 85 inches. One pad is enough to cover a 2x3 cage with 4 layers. A 2x3 cage is 27x42.
So you could make 2 liners from one pad if you use 2 layers per liner.

Even if it shrinks, it should still be enough.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.