Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives Small cage

punkpiggies

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone!
I've had my piggies for a few months now. As some might've already read, i got them from an old friend who got tired of them. I got everything for free: cage, piggies, bedding and food she still had, etc. It's a small pet store cage and i don't like it. I want them to have more room to walk around and play. A lot of you on this site have C&C cages. I'd love to have one of those, but i live in the Netherlands and i haven't found one that ships to my country for a normal price. Basically, i can't buy C&C and was wondering if there are any alternatives?

Thanks!

punkpiggies

lissie

Cavy Slave
Check out the alternative cage gallery.
(broken link removed)

punkpiggies

Cavy Slave
Whoops! Sorry, still kinda new on this site but thanks for the help!

lissie

Cavy Slave
You're welcome!

These are some of my favorites.

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

This one is my cage.
(broken link removed)

punkpiggies

Cavy Slave
Wow! Those all look great. I'll try to find something that could work at my local gardening shop. I guess i'll have to get creative. Your cage is very nice by the way

SardonicSmile

Cavy Slave
You may want to have a look at www.caviadraadkubus.nl

I cannot tell you anything about their service or anything, but it is an easy way to get a proper C&C cage.

As for a cheaper option, depending on the price of your 'polycarbonaat kanaalplaat', you can also use a run instead of cubes. I got my run from zooplus (sometimes getting stuff from the German Zooplus is cheaper than getting it from the Dutch site).

This is the run I use (connected two sets)

https://www.zooplus.de/shop/nager_kleintiere/freigehege/metall/6eckig/228497

if you take a look at the customer pictures of this run you will see my cage. (It is the one with three piggies, a messy room and very colourful fleece)

Last edited:

pinky

Cavy Slave
You may want to have a look at www.caviadraadkubus.nl

I cannot tell you anything about their service or anything, but it is an easy way to get a proper C&C cage.

As for a cheaper option, depending on the price of your 'polycarbonaat kanaalplaat', you can also use a run instead of cubes. I got my run from zooplus (sometimes getting stuff from the German Zooplus is cheaper than getting it from the Dutch site).

This is the run I use (connected two sets)

https://www.zooplus.de/shop/nager_kleintiere/freigehege/metall/6eckig/228497

if you take a look at the customer pictures of this run you will see my cage. (It is the one with three piggies, a messy room and very colourful fleece)

I noticed some of the grids shown in the top link have 8 spaces and some have 9. The 8 space ones are unsafe so only use the ones that have 9 spaces across.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.