Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior My girls lately..... I have a question.

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
So one day I went to feed my girls (2) in there 2x6 cage with no loft. They were chasing each other and they never do that and never when I come with food. Nothing different then Lulu ( they are close in age and no one is dominate) then she ( I have no better way to put it) Lulu humped Princess for a short amount of time. They have been sexed since the day they came home and the vet said they were females to there vet visits. This has never happened they are normal now.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
"Mounting" as it's called, is a normal behaviour for BOTH male and female pigs. It could be one, or both, are in heat.

It doesn't sound like anything is out of the ordinary to me.

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
"Mounting" as it's called, is a normal behaviour for BOTH male and female pigs. It could be one, or both, are in heat.

It doesn't sound like anything is out of the ordinary to me.
THEY CAN HAVE HEAT! ( I am shocked that is what caps are for). But I haven’t seen any blood or red colored stuff. I thought only dogs got it. ( I had a cats but I was little and they were fixed.)

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
They sure can go into heat.

You should probably do some searching on this forum, and learn what to expect with your girls. Knowledge is power, and no surprises is nice.

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
They sure can go into heat.

You should probably do some searching on this forum, and learn what to expect with your girls. Knowledge is power, and no surprises is nice.
Ok thank you. I feel like a total idiot. I have had Lulu for almost a year ( she is my recant pig). But that could explain f
the brown ish pee, which I thought was natural.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Nearly all female animals come into heat, and guinea pigs are no different. They usually don't bleed, but occasionally we run across a sow that spots a little. Heat lasts 1 or 2 days, and happens every couple of weeks or so.

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
Nearly all female animals come into heat, and guinea pigs are no different. They usually don't bleed, but occasionally we run across a sow that spots a little. Heat lasts 1 or 2 days, and happens every couple of weeks or so.
Ok thank you so much. I will research more thank you so much!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.