Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

3 New Piggies!! And Pictures of Our Others!

Hadams33

Cavy Gazer
Yesterday I introduced myself and my 3 girls Nora, Sylvia, and Adaline! I didn't get to upload pictures as my phone wouldn't cooperate! Today we had scheduled a meet with 3 girls at a local shelter. Their pictures captured my heart in an email they sent me and this shelter is not well equipped for small animals. Our meet was great, the girls came right up to us and my heart melted. Of course we knew that we had to adopt them, so 3 now makes 6!
image.jpg
From top to bottom we have Elaine, Josephine, and Beatrice. They look so small in this picture but these girls are real chunkers lol I'll be sure to get better pictures when they settle in!
image.jpg
Here we have Nora on the left and Sylvia on the right! Nora is the sassy leader of our group and Sylvia is so sweet but is quite shy!
image.jpg
Last but not least this is Adaline! I don't have many good pictures of her as she is absolutely terrified of everything. She had a pretty rough start to life but she is making strides and I love her to bits!

Well thats my group, feel free to leave pictures of yours! I love seeing everyone's piggies! :)

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Well, well, well. Congratulations on the new additions, and I hope everything with your new, larger herd goes very, very well.

Welcome, Elaine, Josephine and Beatrice!

Hadams33

Cavy Gazer
Well, well, well. Congratulations on the new additions, and I hope everything with your new, larger herd goes very, very well.

Welcome, Elaine, Josephine and Beatrice!

Thank you much! They are such a delight already, our herd is definitely full now! :)

Spartan021

Cavy Slave
congrats on the new pigs ive got four little fluffs and they are the best ever.

Hadams33

Cavy Gazer
congrats on the new pigs ive got four little fluffs and they are the best ever.

I couldn’t agree more! I’d have so many if my schedule allowed for it! :cool: We actually were aiming for a herd of 4 but couldn’t resist these 3!

Spartan021

Cavy Slave
the more the merrier.

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
Congratulations. The same happened to us. We sort of went up to 8 almost by accident in days long past. Enjoy your wonderful big family. A large herd is such a joy.

Hadams33

Cavy Gazer
Congratulations. The same happened to us. We sort of went up to 8 almost by accident in days long past. Enjoy your wonderful big family. A large herd is such a joy.

Thank you!lol I’d love to have 8, I need to become a stay at home piggy Mom lol!

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
It was wonderful. They were a beautiful family.

What I would say is that with a large herd like you have now, make sure you put -plenty- of money away for vets bills. It's a sombre thing to think of when you are in the middle of your bliss with your new family, but trust me; no vet fund is too much for a family that size. It happened to us more than once that multiple girls became ill at the same time, or in very quick succession. We've gone through -thousands- in a month before. So make sure you are completely financially prepared for the worst possible luck.

Hadams33

Cavy Gazer
It was wonderful. They were a beautiful family.

What I would say is that with a large herd like you have now, make sure you put -plenty- of money away for vets bills. It's a sombre thing to think of when you are in the middle of your bliss with your new family, but trust me; no vet fund is too much for a family that size. It happened to us more than once that multiple girls became ill at the same time, or in very quick succession. We've gone through -thousands- in a month before. So make sure you are completely financially prepared for the worst possible luck.

We are no stranger to vet bills that’s for sure! We’ve had another herd of 6 before! Just took a break to grieve after everyone passed as they got older. We also have a dog, cat, chinchilla, 2 hamsters and the husband has 2 ferrets! So we keep the vet funds safely padded for emergencies! But thank you so much, even in our time of bliss we have to be cautious! :)

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
Aah fair enough. I just thought I would chime in, we've had a tough year. Sounds like you've had some hard times too. I really hope you have nothing but joy in the coming years. Your girls are beautiful and have obviously gone to a very good home.

Hadams33

Cavy Gazer
Aah fair enough. I just thought I would chime in, we've had a tough year. Sounds like you've had some hard times too. I really hope you have nothing but joy in the coming years. Your girls are beautiful and have obviously gone to a very good home.

Thank you for chiming in! I would much rather people who care forewarn anyone than to say nothing at all! All too often I hear of people not having enough for vet bills and the fate of their piggies does not turn out well. I saw where your herd lost one recently, I’m so sorry to see that. :sad:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.