Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Guinea pig with cough

LayneeB

Cavy Gazer
My oldest guinea pig is 11 months she is pretty lazy. Lately ive been hearing what sounds like a cough almost from one of the four of them. I think it is her because her voice for lack of a better word sounds alot deeper and today I noticed that her left eye has a lot of crusty spots under it. Should i take her to the vet should I separate her from the other three. Ive only had guinea pigs for a few months and dont know what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk i would separate unless the other pigs are showing signs too. the cough sounds like an upper respiratory infection, i would take it too the vet. i would also recommend getting some recovery food off amazon if she goes off food.

Good luck!!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@LayneeB, I've moved your post to its own thread. This will be the medical thread for your pig. If you'll post your pig's name, I'll change the thread title.

I wouldn't separate her -- the other pigs have already been exposed to whatever she's got. But I would see a vet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.