Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting Finally convinced my mom!!!

pigger123

Cavy Slave
I was finally able to convince my mom to let me adopt guinea pigs!! She was always more open to the idea than my dad, but hopefully she can convince him, because I can't. But I'm so happy right now! Unfortunately, she said I have to wait until after our trip this summer. That seems like way too long to wait, especially since there's a pair at the local SPCA that I am absolutely in love with! Anyway, I really, really hope she keeps her promise.

I just wanted to share my excitement with you all!

PiggleLove2013

Cavy Slave
That's awesome! When I have the money and space for another pig I will be adopting. I can never seem to find any guinea pigs in need of rescue near me, though. One will come up eventually I suppose. Congrats!

Lizzieball12

Cavy Slave
Congrats! Being a guinea pig parent is an awesome thing. I know waiting can suck, but if you're going to be gone for a while this summer it may be a good thing that your mom is having you wait. It's hard to find a pig sitter who knows what they're doing! Look on Craigslist when you get back, there always seem to be plenty of piggies on there that need a good home because someone lost interest.

Pipandpoppy

Cavy Slave
That's great @Lizzieball12 is right waiting dose suck but if you are going somewhere for a while you are better off waiting then coming home and your piggies aren't in tip top shape.
I hope all goes well and when you get them we see some pigtures of them.;)

jinxie

Cavy Slave
oh that is exciting! I know it seems like forever to wait but you can use the time to get ready for them! Saving up for the cage and collecting C&C grids and fleece (or whatever you want to use) takes lots of time especially if you are trying to do it cheaply by catching sales. If you get fleece it will have to be broken in as well and you could get yourself uhaul pad if you wanted and make liners. You can also take this time to research them and find any shelters in your area but I wouldn't look on craigslist yet... you may fall in love with some that you see it might drive you crazy. haha. So yea.. there is plenty to do in preparation for the pigs to make the time fly. I am excited for you!

slynnski

Cavy Slave
pigger123, I know how difficult the wait is; due to lack of funds I won't be able to get my piggies until later this Fall and it is driving me crazy! Until then I just come on here or visit the pet store piggies. I am just trying to appreciate the time I have until I get them because all of the research and obsessively perusing the Internet will make me that much better of a mom. I even have a countdown on my phone! Anyway, good luck on your journey and keep us updated! :)

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
Trust me, waiting is worth it. In the mean time, save up money for supplies, research, and learn as much as you can.

adeline13

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Congrats! Being a guinea pig parent is an awesome thing. I know waiting can suck, but if you're going to be gone for a while this summer it may be a good thing that your mom is having you wait. It's hard to find a pig sitter who knows what they're doing! Look on Craigslist when you get back, there always seem to be plenty of piggies on there that need a good home because someone lost interest.
agreed but make sure that you don't get it from a breeder ( obviously )

Aisteraina

Cavy Slave
Congrats! I agree with @PiggieWigglies. It took me a year to convince my parents, and I had to wait another 6 months to get my piggie! The wait is TOTALLY worth it. Being a piggie parent is amazing. Post pigtures as soon as you get them! :D

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Congratulations, trust me the right pair will come along :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.