Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Let's see your cage Pictures please.

ahotchicken

Cavy Slave
What did you make the little loft out of? Some type of basket? Where did you get it? This is such a neat set up! :)
Yes, do tell!! That little loft is so cute, I love it!!

ch377yb

Cavy Slave
My new cage for my girls. :)

W52nA73.jpg

7LN0F99.jpg

4kvBLkm.jpg

1QVITjA.jpg

SGaptRc.jpg
how do you make the seperate area for ur food area? xx

LoveMyPigs25

Cavy Slave

Nikkipig

Cavy Slave
Is that hay basket from the cage store also?
Is it the small or large? Do you like it? I'm considering getting one but the shipping just for the basket is almost $20.
I don't want g spend $30 for a wire basket lol
Yup, the hay basket is also from the Store. :) It's the large one. I really like it- it fits a lot of hay and the openings between the bars are wide enough that the guinea pigs aren't struggling to pull out hay. I bought the cage, kitchen, and hay rack all together so the $20 shipping it cost me didn't seem so bad.

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
My 2x6.6 L cage, fully expanded and finally tweaked to my liking. Lovin' the no sew flippers and the high kitchen wall.2016-02-17 21.31.01.jpg2016-02-17 21.31.23.jpg2016-02-17 21.31.48.jpg

The girls love the platform. They can sleep on top of it and underneath it.

Heatherwells

Cavy Slave
Here is the cage I made my boys, Still adding to it. The couches I made are not in this photo. They were very excited when I switched to fleece, I am so happy that I did.
DSC00137.jpgDSC00136.jpg

Heatherwells

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much! It has been a lot of work. I am just so glad Fleece is 50% off at Joann's right now. There is no way I could have done it all right now at full price.
Heather

ahotchicken

Cavy Slave
IMG_3336.jpgThe boys' bachelor pad!!
IMG_3340.jpg

Attachments

IMG_3339.jpg
Last edited:

Heatherwells

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much! I bought them when I bought the grids :) Here is a link. (broken link removed)
Heather

Barzano724

Cavy Gazer
I think I have a nice setup for my two males that are only babies I will upgrade to a 2x5 but I don't have 139 to lay out right now so I think this will do for a week or two :) image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
I think I have a nice setup for my two males that are only babies I will upgrade to a 2x5 but I don't have 139 to lay out right now so I think this will do for a week or two :) View attachment 78419View attachment 78420View attachment 78421
$139???? Is that from the cage store?
You can also make your own, for probably cheaper than that. I'd say you could make a nice 2x5 or larger (depending how many grids you have) for around $50. You can find grids online as well as as bed bath and beyond and perhaps Kmart or target. Coroplast can be found at homedepot, near the door section. I would highly recommend doing this if you're in a tight budget. And you can connect your Midwest to it too of you choose. :)

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
You can also make your own, for probably cheaper than that. I'd say you could make a nice 2x5 or larger (depending how many grids you have) for around $50. You can find grids online as well as as bed bath and beyond and perhaps Kmart or target. Coroplast can be found at homedepot, near the door section. I would highly recommend doing this if you're in a tight budget. And you can connect your Midwest to it too of you choose. :)

I used my Midwest panels on my c&c cage and I like how they look better than grids

Barzano724

Cavy Gazer
So can I take the end panel off of my Midwest cage and just add on grids ? What is Coroplast used for ? I just wanna make it from like 47 inches long to about 60 70 ish which I think would be perfect for them

Barzano724

Cavy Gazer
I used my Midwest panels on my c&c cage and I like how they look better than grids
How did you do this ? Could I see pictures or tell me what page your cage is on and I can look ? Thanks

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
How did you do this ? Could I see pictures or tell me what page your cage is on and I can look ? Thanks
I have a video tour of the cage here, or else pics are on page 90 of this thread right in the middle

the Midwest side panels are the same height (14 inches) as c&c grids, so I used them on the long side of the cage instead of grids. In fact I used them instead of grids for most of the old cage I had. I put the Coro on top of plywood on top of bookshelves, but a c&c cage doesn't need to be on a stand.
If you don't put it on the stand you don't really need anything but Coro underneath

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/71362-Let-s-see-your-cage-Pictures-please/page90

https://youtu.be/Eg1vf25OMak

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
So can I take the end panel off of my Midwest cage and just add on grids ? What is Coroplast used for ? I just wanna make it from like 47 inches long to about 60 70 ish which I think would be perfect for them

Yes, you can do that, or as Saylavi said you can use the panels with grids.

Coroplast (corrugated plastic) is used for the base of the cage. Its waterproof, and can be cut and snapped into place easily, so its a preferred cage base. Many people also use it to make diy hay racks among other things. Its basically the same material they use to make political and voting signs that you put out on the lawn. You can find it at home depot, probably Lowes, Menards, or any other home reconstruction store. There are also sign stores that have it. If you go this route, make sure to make the walls pretty high, so the pigs dont fling poop or spray pee out of the cage. My walls are about 8 in. high, with the kitchen wall being about 12 in. to keep hay in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.