Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting I was about to give up pig ownership.

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
After losing three guinea pigs and our family dog in less than six months, I felt like my time as an animal & pig owner was over. My little girl bled to death internally only a week ago after surgery, two weeks before that I had to euthanize my heart pig. I was contemplating not getting any new friends for my remaining 4 year old as all these losses hit me extremely hard.

..Then I saw these beauties up for adoption & I couldn't help myself.
Meet Snow & Storm, the 3 year old female & 2 year old neutered male I'm about to pick up in a few hours.
7306450984.jpg

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
Very cute, I'm sure they will have an amazing life in your home!

I'm so sorry for your losses, it's always difficult when an animal passes away, let alone when many pass in a short amount of time. It sounds like you give great care to your pets and that you love them very much. These two pigs will be happy with you :)

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
So sorry for the loss of your pets, hopefully little Storm and Snow will help you recover.
Both piggies are gorgeous, I have a soft spot for red-eyed pigs :love:

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
Congratulations on your two new additions. I'm sorry you lost the others. I kept pigs originally from 1999-2008. When my Strawberry died in '08, I felt like I couldn't handle any more loss so i didn't get any more pigs. Then I adopted my girls early last year, and I really don't know how I went so long without them.

pinky

Cavy Slave
lucky for those sweet babies that you reconsidered, [MENTION=16791]HannibalLecter[/MENTION]. I'm sorry to hear about your losses but I have no doubt that these cuties will help numb some of the pain.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your losses. Your new babies look very sweet, Storm is just so handsome!

Kristi26

Cavy Slave
Oh goodness, they are beautiful!!! I'm sorry for your losses and happy for your new additions!

CavyChrissy

Cavy Slave
So sorry to hear about your losses [MENTION=16791]HannibalLecter[/MENTION]. Have you picked up your new piggies yet? How are they doing? Love their fluffy fur!

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
Thank you all for your kind replies. :love:

Well the intro & first day in their cage was a bit.. chaotic.
I received a really nasty bite on the top on my right hand from Storm, who literally hung off my hand by his teeth when I had to intervene.
Everyone was extremely agitated, and I ended up giving them all a buddy bath in the middle of the night. Things calmed slightly when I switched from fleece to bedding in the entire cage, in order to add more hay areas as "SnowStorm" constantly chased my female away from the kitchen section.

My female is still terrified & afraid to move at all, and Snow just won't stop muttering to herself. I think we're all a bit traumatized.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.