Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet LOTS of poop

lovelearnmore3

Cavy Slave
bpatters,...i got it ...but where i got baby-proofed?...
why my piggys too much movement around on cage ??
do will piggs brothers will do fight or together?? i not sure. smile

Last edited:

crazy4looney2n

Cavy Slave
Oh yes guinea pigs poop so much. They poop and poop and poop. It's what they do. Now any ideas on what to do with so much poop? Can it go in a worm composter? Just wondering if all that poop can be good for something... ;)

lissie

Cavy Slave
Oh yes guinea pigs poop so much. They poop and poop and poop. It's what they do. Now any ideas on what to do with so much poop? Can it go in a worm composter? Just wondering if all that poop can be good for something... ;)

Some people compost them.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Lovelearnmore3, just click on the link in post 19, and look through the pictures that come up. People have put cardboard around the edges of the cage to keep the pigs from getting out.

I'm not sure what you're asking about them moving around the cage.

Brothers will usually fight, usually from about four months old to two years old. If you have two boys, you will definitely need a larger cage.

lovelearnmore3

Cavy Slave
nevermind and i got it .... yes i know and i nothice need buy large cage and more space.

i ask u abt how much time fleece put laundry? and no dry heat , i use outside pay laundry.

thnk you that all i asked smilee.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Lovelearnmore3, you'll have to wash the fleece every 2-5 days, depending on your pigs and your cage. The fleece will dry quickly without a dryer, but you'll have to have towels or a mattress pad or a UHaul pad or something underneath the fleece to soak up the pee, and that won't​ dry quickly. Also, some laundries won't let you wash pet bedding in their washers.

lovelearnmore3

Cavy Slave
bpatters,
what i do with fleece need clean it dirty?? mean i have to throw away and buy new fleece again?

I have fleece and pads plus carefresh that all i had.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Lovelearnmore3, you just wash the fleece in the washing machine with detergent and hot water. Be sure to get all the hair and hay off of it first.

What kind of pads do you have? Can they be washed, or do they have to be thrown away?

lovelearnmore3

Cavy Slave
pads have to thrown away, i have batting only i try make batting with fleece of cubble cup never happen.. not know how lol shame on me ... what u suggest abt batting ??

do i put fleece washing machine with detergent(what kind soap) in hot water, 1 time?? it okay??

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Lovelearnmore3 (I'm going to call you LLM from now on, ok? Too much typing! ;)), before you use the fleece, you wash it 3 or 4 times in hot water with detergent, but no fabric softener. Then it should work ok.

For batting you can use old towels or old mattress pads. There are thrift stores all over Brooklyn that sell used things, and you should be able to find an old mattress pad there for not much money. Make sure it is made of cotton, not polyester.

And I don't know how to make cuddle cups, either, so shame on both of us! :D I just buy mine.

lovelearnmore3

Cavy Slave
bpastters , lol.... what is that LLM? i want to tell u something ..i am deaf lady not mute okay, i use vrs-vp.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
LLM is just an abbreviation for your name -- LoveLearnMore3. It's because I'm too lazy to type it all out every time!

And thank you for telling me that you're deaf. I've thought all this time that English was just not your first language.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.