Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags List of breeders, feel free to add

Kenna18155

Cavy Slave
Ugh! The first one I saw a while ago, but it says the ad was posted 15 days ago. They keep reposting the same ad! Grr.

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

Guineadog

Cavy Gazer
Wow....luckily I have looked and looked no breeders in my area! It is sad that some pigs have to live like this! Yet many other animals live sad lives too. Have you ever seen a stray guinea pig? No I have a stray cat and dog. Have you ever seen small wonderful animals being abused with breeding? Not with dogs most likely but piggies yes. It is sad. I'm NOT saying that piggies don't matter I love my piggies! I'm saying some animals live poor lives and it makes me sad! (This comes from a true animal lover)

Guineadog

Cavy Gazer
I contacted the owners and this was the, and I quote how the convo went
Me: How do you happen to have a lot of piggies? Do you breed?
Her: I have rescued over the years, I do not breed
Because they list the dates of birth and they have multiple young ones.
I can give snapshots too! Don't flag this non breeder! piggies need good homes!

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
Hmmmm... I don't like breeders at all. Also, it does say they have to downsize and the people prefer people experienced with piggies... Maybe they got the one piggy from a breeder who knew exactly where they were born? Interesting.

ThatGirlMarie

Cavy Slave
I also contacted that person and asked if they had any females or were expecting any and she said "I have an adult female but that's it" and I asked if she had more than one and she said "No, just the one and the 3 babies" - it's possible she got the adult female already pregnant which is why she knows the one's birthdate, or she rescued it from someone with the mother.

So that coupled with the C&C cage with fleece makes me think she's not a breeder. C&C and fleece is a lot of work for breeders who usually don't care much about their pigs (as evidenced by their breeding them).

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
I also contacted that person and asked if they had any females or were expecting any and she said "I have an adult female but that's it" and I asked if she had more than one and she said "No, just the one and the 3 babies" - it's possible she got the adult female already pregnant which is why she knows the one's birthdate, or she rescued it from someone with the mother.

So that coupled with the C&C cage with fleece makes me think she's not a breeder. C&C and fleece is a lot of work for breeders who usually don't care much about their pigs (as evidenced by their breeding them).
This sounds about right to me. I mean, I saw two pigs in a store-bought cage on mine... maybe one day I'll save some piggies. *sigh* I need a steady income of pay first, not just my allowance! lol

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

I'm almost positive that they're the same person.

Kenna18155

Cavy Slave
The first is definitely a breeder, not sure about the second. Flagged, thanks.

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
Here's another one that the same person keeps posting over and over and over again. People flag it, it gets deleted, they make a new post. Kind of annoying...
(broken link removed)
This one looks like a breeder
(broken link removed)

Last edited:

Kenna18155

Cavy Slave
Flagged the first (yet again). I also flagged the second... Lots of red flags. 5+ pigs, tried to educate the buyer on "what you need" (cage, bottle, etc.) instead of just "I'm getting rid of my guinea pig, here ya go", wire bottom, wood cage, $10 per pig, etc. Lots of signs that point to breeder.

Thanks for posting.

Kenna18155

Cavy Slave
Here's one with "all sorts of colors and hair patterns". The pigs are almost all under a year. Please flag!

(broken link removed)

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

Breeder? I know those were the only ones, but maybe they have others? Thoughts please!

Kenna18155

Cavy Slave
Nothing in that ad sticks out as a breeder to me. Only two pigs, and they included the cage. They didn't really try to "advertise" the piggies either. I bet they know the ages because they bought from a breeder.

If you want, you could email and make sure.

Also: found a confirmed breeder. Emailed, pretending to be interested, and they said they breed them.
(broken link removed)
Flag away. ^^

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

Breeder? I know those were the only ones, but maybe they have others? Thoughts please!

This is definitely a breeder. I found an ad on another site (I think it was hoobly) where the same person brags about being an official breeder with numerous animals.

Kenna18155

Cavy Slave
How did you know it was the same person? Did they use the same pictures? In any event, thanks for the info!

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
How did you know it was the same person? Did they use the same pictures? In any event, thanks for the info!

At one point they were using the same picture. And the contact info was the same if i remember correctly. At any rate, they are breeding them and think they are called assyrian instead of abyssinian. You should really not be breeding something you don't know the name of.

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
@piggymommy89 There is no such thing as an assyrian guinea pig. They either spelled it wrong or don't know what they are talking about.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.