Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from my piggy Cinnamon and me!

MadrigalsRule

Cavy Slave
Hi, everyone... I'm pretty new here, just joined yesterday and already actively asking questions and whatnot!

I live in New York, and regrettably, my little piggy was bought at Petco. I was rather misinformed and there were no shelters in my state that showed to be rehoming piggies! I haven't been allowed any pets all my life, and I probably won't be able to get another guinea pig to keep mine company, sadly. But I do give her SO much attention!

Anyway, here's some pictures of Cinnamon, my first real pet and cute (and clever) guinea pig! :) I have no idea what breed she is... (If you know and want to help, please reply!)

031.jpg 015.jpg 002.jpg 037.jpg 032.jpg

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm Stephanie and my two girls are Princess Penelope and Miss Maybelline.

Don't feel too bad about being misinformed on correct guinea pig care, most people are. What's important is that you're learning from your mistakes and want what's best for your piggy. You're going to make a great piggy momma! (Or dad? Lol)

I would let your parents know that Cinnamon needs a friend to be fully happy and healthy, they'll probably say no but also tell them about this site and have them take a look. It might help. :) I know my Penelope loved to get attention from me when she was alone, which I gave all the time because I work from home, but the second I would put her back she would just sit in the corner most of the time looking all depressed. The only exciting time for her was veggies and then afterwards she would run laps lol. Then I got her Maybelline, and BAM silly goober pigs to an extreme! Lol They talk to each other, sleep together, eat together, and run laps together. They are both so much happier to have a piggy friend to live with. Hehe it's super cute!

Her breed looks like a Teddy to me. She is very cute! :)

CritterSlave

Cavy Slave
Hello I am also from NY I have 4 boars currently all rescues check craigslist there are usually tons of pigs up for adoption there!

Pipandpoppy

Cavy Slave
Are you sure she is a girl.Pet shops regularly miss sex them.Search on YouTube how to sex them because you want to make sure if you have a girl if you are to get a friend.

MadrigalsRule

Cavy Slave
Are you sure she is a girl.Pet shops regularly miss sex them.Search on YouTube how to sex them because you want to make sure if you have a girl if you are to get a friend.

Unfortunately, I can't get her a friend :(

Pipandpoppy

Cavy Slave
Unfortunately, I can't get her a friend :(
Ok ,but you never know when you will need to know what gender she is.
She is so adorable I love her colour.

MadrigalsRule

Cavy Slave

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Cinnamon is very pretty!

maemae

Cavy Slave
Aww, cinnamon is really cute! I'm in NY too, and just picked up two rescue pigs. No one on craigslist got back to me but if you do one day decide to get her a friend I'm sure you can find one to adopt.

CritterSlave

Cavy Slave
I'll be starting up a rescue myself some time in the next few years in Orange County once my wife graduates from college!

MadrigalsRule

Cavy Slave
Aww, cinnamon is really cute! I'm in NY too, and just picked up two rescue pigs. No one on craigslist got back to me but if you do one day decide to get her a friend I'm sure you can find one to adopt.

MadrigalsRule

Cavy Slave
I'll be starting up a rescue myself some time in the next few years in Orange County once my wife graduates from college!

Hope it goes well and that you rescue some piggies that really need your help! lol

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that you were misinformed. Pet stores are usually after the money and don't care about the animals wellbeing. My first pig I got from a pet store then 3 years later I found this site. Now I would never get another pig from a pet store no matter how cute. Just today in pet smart I saw 2 adorable guinea pigs but I'm ignoring my urges and am going to adopt these 2 boars at our humane society.

GuineaPigMania2

Cavy Slave
Hi, welcome to the forum!
I was misinformed when I first got my first pet (hamster), don't worry, it happens and the important thing is not to do it again 'you learn from your mistakes'
Your little girl might be a Teddy or Rex, maybe a mixed breed - she is very cute!
Try showing your parents this forum, and the home website about guinea pig companions because they do so much better with a friend as we can't give them 24/7 attention.

Hope it works for you!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.