Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet Brianna 3 or 4 wk old female, challenge

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I introduced my new baby in the intro forum. Got her this past Friday and she and Bianka get along ok, just sometimes non damaging aggression and chases. Bianka is 1 yo.

Here's the problem. I have 2 of everything needed in there. 1 bowl is adult pellets, 1 is baby. Brianna doesn't touch any. Bianka eats both. For veggies, Brianna eats peppers and some lettuce if I hold it to her mouth enough. Unlike bella and bianka she isn't nuts about lettuce.

I got Brianna parsley and cilantro for calcium today since 0 pellets. I took her out and put her next to me. Her second time out next to me. Put pellets, pepper, cilantro and parsley out. She only ate the pepper. I tried the putting cilantro and lettuce by her mouth, nothing. Rolled it thinking it's to soft and nothing. I weighed her on sat so I have a base. I'm at my wits end with veggies and pellets. Pepper, hay and water isn't the diet to have. So I'm thinking in addition to keep trying to give critical care. Have plenty from bella.

Good idea? I ve never had a problem with other gps. Off the bat they ate everything I put for them. Not this one. Maybe because she's adjusting still to being paired up? Everyone else were kept in single. Help? Tia

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It took Simon quite some time before he would eat any veggies. Even now when I put out their evening treats, Simon will pick out his favourites and Leo will oink down the rest.

Next time, try just putting out the parsley and leave her with that for awhile. If you want her to eat something specific, don't give her an alternative as she'll almost certainly choose the opposite of what you want her to eat.

It's a pretty new environment for her and she likely just needs time. If she still won't eat certain things in two or three weeks, then I might start to worry a bit.

Artista

Cavy Slave
It took Simon quite some time before he would eat any veggies. Even now when I put out their evening treats, Simon will pick out his favourites and Leo will oink down the rest.

Next time, try just putting out the parsley and leave her with that for awhile. If you want her to eat something specific, don't give her an alternative as she'll almost certainly choose the opposite of what you want her to eat.

It's a pretty new environment for her and she likely just needs time. If she still won't eat certain things in two or three weeks, then I might start to worry a bit.

Thanks. I'm just putting in adult pellets in. I did adult for bianka and baby for brianna and bianka ate it. So I'm hoping the parsley will get eaten for more calcium....that is when she starts eating pellets hopefully..

I just put lettuce for bianka out and parsley for Brianna inside the house hoping that'd distract bianka but brianna moves so slow that Brianna missed the boat on it. Ugh.

Artista

Cavy Slave
So thankfully Brianna is eating some parsley. My question is since 0 pellet eating, how much italian parsley should I give each day? She ate 2 leaves. Good enough with 0 pellets to help with calcium?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@Artista, you've asked questions about your pig and parsley on two different threads. Pick one and let it be the thread for all your concerns about this pig. Let me know which it is, and I'll close the other one.

It's very difficult to follow the history of a pig if the information is scattered in different threads throughout the forum.

Artista

Cavy Slave
[MENTION=27627]Artista[/MENTION], you've asked questions about your pig and parsley on two different threads. Pick one and let it be the thread for all your concerns about this pig. Let me know which it is, and I'll close the other one.

It's very difficult to follow the history of a pig if the information is scattered in different threads throughout the forum.

Ok. I've bookmarked the other one so that one can be closed

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.