Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Travel

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
I'm moving to Florida by the end of August and we will be driving down. Will me guinea pigs be ok during the long 16 to 20 hour drive?

Kota12

Cavy Slave
That's great! Well, as long as you stuff there carrier with food and veggies, try to make it a little bit less stressful by covering the carrier, maybe talking to them throughout the ride. I hope all goes well, hope you like it here! :)

schavarry

Cavy Slave
If you use the search bar and type in "travel" you can find a bunch of threads with tips for traveling :)

guineapigs2468

Cavy Slave
Like what Kota12 said and every so often stop and make sure they're ok, and give them veggies, and try and distress them by fussing them(unless your piggies aren't exactly tame yet, then I think trying to pick them up to stroke them would just cause more stress).

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
That's great! Well, as long as you stuff there carrier with food and veggies, try to make it a little bit less stressful by covering the carrier, maybe talking to them throughout the ride. I hope all goes well, hope you like it here! :)

Thanks for the help. I was there for Easter and my kids and I didn't want to leave Florida Lol

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
Like what Kota12 said and every so often stop and make sure they're ok, and give them veggies, and try and distress them by fussing them(unless your piggies aren't exactly tame yet, then I think trying to pick them up to stroke them would just cause more stress).

I've had 2 of them since May 9th and got my other one 20 days later.

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave

I've had Princess and Prince since May 9th and got Brownie on May 29th. So I believe they are almost fully tamed. Princess had a previous owner before so she was easy to pick up from the beginning. She never ran away

guineapigs2468

Cavy Slave
I've had 2 of them since May 9th and got my other one 20 days later.

They should do fine then, I hope all goes well with the move and the piggies !

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.