Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Pearl's Baby Thread

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
If his ears are turning gray, he's definitely not a PEW. I believe the ears start turning when they're a few weeks old.

The coloring is so faint right now I can't tell if it's really there or just my imagination. Time will tell.

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
One week old yesterday. I do believe my baby boy is going to be Himalayan instead of PEW. I think his points at are turning gray.
20160419_222854.jpg

20160419_222732.jpg

Last edited:

Rywen

Cavy Slave
That ear looks gray to me, they are both so cute!

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
That ear looks gray to me, they are both so cute!

Thanks [MENTION=30078]Rywen[/MENTION]. I love them already, but I just don't see how I can keep them. Don't Penny and Ferb need a new sister? :)

librarychick

Cavy Slave
They certainly are adorable!

I'm not sure what pigs you have, so forgive me for asking if its covered and i missed it - but do you already have same sex pairs, or a mum and dad?

I'd have a very hard time rehoming any babies, as I'd only do so if they would be cared for to my (guinea pig cage forum's ) standards. That's a VERY rare attitude where I'm located. Becoming more popular, but still very uncommon.

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
They certainly are adorable!

I'm not sure what pigs you have, so forgive me for asking if its covered and i missed it - but do you already have same sex pairs, or a mum and dad?

I'd have a very hard time rehoming any babies, as I'd only do so if they would be cared for to my (guinea pig cage forum's ) standards. That's a VERY rare attitude where I'm located. Becoming more popular, but still very uncommon.

I have more pigs than I know what to do with, unfortunately. Baby girl can just stay with the other ladies if need be, but Baby boy would have to go with my boar pair and I don't think that would work. I know I could find him a home, but most people here think boars can't live together, and I don't want him to end up alone.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
@pigmommy89 Hmmmmm, I would need a bigger cage.....

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
[MENTION=31451]pigmommy89[/MENTION] Hmmmmm, I would need a bigger cage.....

I'm totally not above driving to Maryland. :) I'm practically in VA as it is (8 miles from the border).

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I'll be heading to the OBX in July, lol. I've thought about adding a 2nd female but don't want to upset the balance between Ferb & Penny. They do squabble and I worry Penny and a new female would gang up on Ferb. Or that Penny would see her as a rival for Ferb's affections. And I'd need a bigger cage, which means buying a bigger folding table to put said cage on. But it is tempting to try.

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
I'll be heading to the OBX in July, lol. I've thought about adding a 2nd female but don't want to upset the balance between Ferb & Penny. They do squabble and I worry Penny and a new female would gang up on Ferb. Or that Penny would see her as a rival for Ferb's affections. And I'd need a bigger cage, which means buying a bigger folding table to put said cage on. But it is tempting to try.

I understand entirely. It is tricky to add a third pig to an existing pair. Enjoy your vacation when it comes time for it. :)

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
Pearl's babies are three weeks old today. I know the baby boy needs to be separated from Mom and sister, but im too sick to set up the cage tonight. Can he stay with them one more day, or is it too big a risk? He has a home lined up as well. Now baby girl just needs one too.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
One more day is fine. I think the earliest recorded impregnation of a sow from a baby boar was at 3.5 weeks, so the 21 day limit has a small fudge factor built in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.