Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Fleece doesn't fit over 12" wall?

AlyssaNicole

Cavy Slave
My girls love to crawl under the fleece and run around, it's really cute actually but it drives me nuts. lol I have all the fleece clipped to the sides except the back wall. It's 12 inches and the fleece doesn't fit over it, which is how they get under it. Do I need bigger fleece blankets? Or does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Is there a reason the back is 12 in high? Can you cut it down? Are you talking about the coroplast or plastic liner or do you clip it to the grids?

AlyssaNicole

Cavy Slave
I'm talking about the coroplast. Sorry, I thought I mentioned that. Three of the sides are the normal 6 inch, and the fourth is 12 inches.

mamattorney

Cavy Slave
How about velcro dots strategically sewed onto one end of the fleece with the other side on the coroplast? They sell dots with one side with a sticky back and one side sew on for projects like this - fabric to a non fabric.

madrae

Cavy Slave
What about finding clips with a flat side (I've seen chip bag clips that when not in use are magnets on fridge) and gluing to the 12" wall?

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
Is it big enough?? I had a 12" wall and the others were 6" I didn't find it useful. It is possible to see so it will fit though.

AlyssaNicole

Cavy Slave
These are actually really good ideas! Sounds like I'm just gonna have to get creative. Thanks guys :)

plabol1

Cavy Slave
How far up the 12" wall will the fleece go? If you are close, then I would trim the coroplast down a little. Or, can you sew a strip of material on the short side to make it long enough? The velcro idea sounds good too. Good luck!

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
@AlyssaNicole I had the same issue and with me having a HUGE cage it was difficult to get the fleece up the walls and even then they still found away. I have been working and tweeking my design and I just actually finished a youtube video to help people with this issue.... Check out my video. It will solve your problem I think:

No sew guinea pig cage liners - YouTube

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
@AlyssaNicole I had the same issue and with me having a HUGE cage it was difficult to get the fleece up the walls and even then they still found away. I have been working and tweeking my design and I just actually finished a youtube video to help people with this issue.... Check out my video. It will solve your problem I think:

Looks like a good idea.. But I would be really nervous about the clips.. Piggy toes and feet can get very injured IMO..

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
The metal wires can be removed and put back on as needed very easily.

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
That's a GREAT video @Onetwo!
I think I'll have to see if I have enough leftover coroplast to make some.

AlyssaNicole

Cavy Slave

this is amazing! Thank you so much. I'm absolutely going to try this.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.