Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

first bath :)

cheshirekris

Cavy Slave
So hatter and Squishy's fur has been not so nice form laying in their litter box the litter box is removed for now. Well they had their first bath. There was no shampoo so I just washed thoroughly. They were great they would put their front paws on my hand so I could wash their tummies. They kept looking at me with pleading eyes though going can I please get out. They got some fruit afterwards so they were fine.

iluvguineapigs2

Cavy Slave
My piggies didn't appreciate their first bath either :), but they looked and smelled a lot cleaner afterward. If you ever did want to get a guinea pig shampoo, you should go to this website. (broken link removed)
they have lots of good options for piggies :)

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I remember when I gave my girls their first bath. They gave me the stink eye all week.
As soon as they see me set up for bath time they literally rocket launch into their hideys lol

cheshirekris

Cavy Slave
My piggies didn't appreciate their first bath either :), but they looked and smelled a lot cleaner afterward. If you ever did want to get a guinea pig shampoo, you should go to this website. (broken link removed)
they have lots of good options for piggies :)

I am hoping to save up for that but I don't know which to get. Which one would be best for a abbysinian and a dutch or short fur guinea pig?

cheshirekris

Cavy Slave
I remember when I gave my girls their first bath. They gave me the stink eye all week.
As soon as they see me set up for bath time they literally rocket launch into their hideys lol

XD I don't know what they will do next time but they don't seem that angry with me though they seem a bit friendlier even.

Thumper27

Cavy Slave
My boys litterally squealed so much that my mother came in to see if I was hurting them....

PiggieGuinea

Cavy Slave
Mine were in thebathtub and Loopsie squeaked the whole time.

Lishar

Cavy Slave
Your pigs sound like they where pretty good for there first bath!
Lucky you!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.