Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sad Which First?

Talking Cavy

Cavy Slave
I am saving for a c&c cage and then I want another piggy! My male cavy Ginger is in a pet store cage that is super tiny! I didn't know anything about how bad pet store cages were until I found this site! But I am noticing that Ginger after he eats he goes into his hiding spot and lays down!:sad: Sometimes when I can see if laying there he looks sad should I get another cavy then a c&c cage? Or not?

I'd get the c&c first. Two pigs in a tiny cage may fight due to not enough space, especially males. He could be bored as well, so he'll perk up when he gets a big cage as well, then you can introduce a friend.

I would get a bigger cage first, especially since you will have two boars. Boars can fight if there isn't enough space.

I did both at the same time. I put together a brand new C&C cage, and when it was done, I brought home a new pig, introduced her to my old pig on the floor, and put them both in their new home.

@Matershroom I will most likely do the same!

Ok I as I was looking through the alternative cages pics I got an idea! I can buy a Midwest cage and keep my cage and connect them to make more space! Or I can save up for a c&c cage!? What do you guys think? I should do?

Ok I as I was looking through the alternative cages pics I got an idea! I can buy a Midwest cage and keep my cage and connect them to make more space! Or I can save up for a c&c cage!? What do you guys think? I should do?

I think Midwest cage is too small for 2 boars. C&C cage is much cheaper if you buy materials and build your own.

$10 - $20 for coroplast
(broken link removed)

Grids:
https://www.sears.com/stor-floor-standing-6-cube-storage-unit/p-00913332000P
https://www.kmart.com/stor-floor-standing-6-cube-storage-unit/p-010W435219990001P
(broken link removed)

I would get a bigger cage first, especially since you will have two boars. Boars can fight if there isn't enough space.

And they can fight with a big cage. I'd hate to see two young boars in a tiny cage.

K but @lissie I found a rescue in California and they sell c&c cages for $45 and they ship! But I might build!

@lissie thx I think I will do that! Thx a bunch!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.