Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

The winter seems sooo long!

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure if it's just me or what but the winters seem to be getting longer and longer. Maybe it is because I am fighting a debilitating disease which seems to get worse with the cold and stress but the winter seems to go on forever!

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Winter is a stressor/depressor for many people, and I'm sure the disease can compound those effects. That's one of the major reasons I moved to FL. I was sick of long, bleak winters, and I really feel a difference being in sunshine and warmth all year.

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
The groundhog said spring would be coming sooner.... yet it still feels like winter. :grumpy:

On the positive side, it was actually sunny last Thursday! It made me happy, seeing how it has been quite rainy here lately.

MissJean

Cavy Slave
Everyone else gets depressed during winter, but I get depressed in the summer. The heat makes me moody and I'm a bit of a heliophobe. Another reason I moved to Seattle from Arizona! Oh glorious cloud cover...

What kind of disease do you have? That really sucks. That would definitely drain my love for winter...

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
I guess I'm in the minority here. I love winter, and for some reason the winters these past couple years seemed to go by too fast for me! lol

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
Everyone else gets depressed during winter, but I get depressed in the summer. The heat makes me moody and I'm a bit of a heliophobe. Another reason I moved to Seattle from Arizona! Oh glorious cloud cover...

What kind of disease do you have? That really sucks. That would definitely drain my love for winter...
I have psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis so I'm in pain a lot when it is damp and cold. I try to cope as best I can without prescription meds because they all have such awful side effects now days!

Carissa6729

Cavy Slave
We've only had I think somewhere around 20 days of "winter" here where it was colder then 70 degrees. This has to be the shortest one I've seen in AZ.

I'm with Jean, I'd move to Seattle in a heartbeat. I love the cold rainy weather.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
Winter? No such thing in Australia. It's always hot. In winter, it is windy and hot.
I love the cold. The heat makes me stressed.

MissJean

Cavy Slave
Winter? No such thing in Australia. It's always hot. In winter, it is windy and hot.
I love the cold. The heat makes me stressed.

Are there any less hot parts of Australia? I've been watching one your guy's shows, Dance Academy, and the farm she used to live on always looks overcast and full of trees.

I want to visit Australia, but don't want to get burned to a crisp.

millsma

Cavy Slave
Ahh I love Dance Academy. :D

bguardguy

Cavy Slave
This show sounds like something I would love! Tell me about it!

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
Are there any less hot parts of Australia? I've been watching one your guy's shows, Dance Academy, and the farm she used to live on always looks overcast and full of trees.

I want to visit Australia, but don't want to get burned to a crisp.

There are colder parts, like in Melbourne it rains quite a bit.
I think the eastern states are a bit cooler then the west.
I think Dance Academy is filmed in Sydney.

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
Yikes! There's a winter storm coming! We might have heavy snow! Not good! Not good at all!

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
I like winter personally, when I can get it. I'm in Florida just like Mufasa, but I'd rather be up in the Northeast where I came from! The weather's just so boring and humid here! We had a cool snap in Tally for a couple of days, but now it's back to a gross 67 degrees with ultra-high humidity.
I'll trade you! We can swap houses and you bring your animals here and I'll bring mine there! LOL Provided of course I would have room for five dogs, two cats and two guinea pigs. We live on five acres with an awesome view! LOL

adelore

Cavy Slave
I live for summer! Winter is ok,but I so enjoy the summer....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.