Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Brands Food

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
That's terrible guinea pig food. The main ingredient in pellets should be timothy hay, and those have none. The only hay in them is alfalfa, which is too high in calcium for an adult pig.

Vitapol sells another guinea pig food, but I can't find any nutritional analysis for it.

Soecara

Cavy Slave
@bpatters I also can't find the ingredients of the Vitapol karma guinea pig pellets, which are the other guinea pig food you are referring to. However one site says they have "a favorable mix of grains, cereals, seeds & granulated fodder that enables a healthy growth in small animals." so they are also no good as they have seeds and grains mixed in making it more of a muesli mix
Here is the site I pulled that quote from https://pawsome.co.in/products/vitapol-karma-guinea-pig

shweta.rawat

Cavy Slave
@bpatters I also can't find the ingredients of the Vitapol karma guinea pig pellets, which are the other guinea pig food you are referring to. However one site says they have "a favorable mix of grains, cereals, seeds & granulated fodder that enables a healthy growth in small animals." so they are also no good as they have seeds and grains mixed in making it more of a muesli mix
Here is the site I pulled that quote from https://pawsome.co.in/products/vitapol-karma-guinea-pig

This product one is safe or not? Nd thanks for the advice bpatters

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
No, it's not.

shweta.rawat

Cavy Slave
OK 😇

Vasundhara

Cavy Slave
Hi! I am presuming that you are looking to source the pellets in India? If yes, I have heard that these are a better option. I read about it from other guinea pig owners on Guinea Lynx

(broken link removed)

shweta.rawat

Cavy Slave
Thank you vasundhara but my piggy is adult and this one is suitable for young piggies. Also contain ingredient which is not good for adult piggies

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.