Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Let's see your cage Pictures please.

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Finally got my girls into a 2x5 C&C cage with a 1x2 loft. I think they love it. Excuse the amateur cutting. Lol. And there is a door in the fleece cause when it was just a curtain they didn't like it (I have weird and spoiled pigs lol)

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Here's the cage:

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1422867130711.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1422867147056.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1422867172909.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1422867190210.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1422867199892.jpg

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
@joys_cavies, your cage looks great! Love the fleece! This was my first try at fleece too, hence the towel over the sides, because the person cut it too short. :( Hoping to sew on some extra to the sides.

mamaduck71

Cavy Slave
Wow, all these cages are awesome. I feel bad that mine is so plain.

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
Wow, all these cages are awesome. I feel bad that mine is so plain.

In the world of guinea pig cages, there is no such thing as a plain cage!

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
[MENTION=33433]joys_cavies[/MENTION], your cage looks great! Love the fleece! This was my first try at fleece too, hence the towel over the sides, because the person cut it too short. :( Hoping to sew on some extra to the sides.
It's not my first time with fleece. I kept yelling at them to stop burrowing and had to get up a couple times to move them so I was distracted. Usally it looks better cause I was taught to sew at 5 but my pigs were and are driving me crazy with burrowing! Like they won't stop no matter how much I've them, patch the spot, tell them no. It's like they know!!!!

miniver

Cavy Slave
And there is a door in the fleece cause when it was just a curtain they didn't like it (I have weird and spoiled pigs lol)

I had to cut off every second fleece strip that hangs down over the bedroom and took out half of the fleece forest. I think they thought it was a solid wall.:rolleyes:

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
I had to cut off every second fleece strip that hangs down over the bedroom and took out half of the fleece forest. I think they thought it was a solid wall.:rolleyes:
Haha. Mine were afraid of it moving when they did[emoji23]. I tried this way and they use the "door" and like it better

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
I wish I redid my cage the past couple weeks. I won't be able to do it for months now. I thought it would be a month to 6 weeks of no bending twisting but it could be 4-6 months. Waaaaaa. I am already going through redoing the cage withdrawal.

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
It's not my first time with fleece. I kept yelling at them to stop burrowing and had to get up a couple times to move them so I was distracted. Usally it looks better cause I was taught to sew at 5 but my pigs were and are driving me crazy with burrowing! Like they won't stop no matter how much I've them, patch the spot, tell them no. It's like they know!!!!

Oops! I must be hallucinating. :D

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
My sweet husband helped me build this:

Is there anything cuter than a piggie scurrying up the ramp?

saeva

Cavy Slave
It's a very nice cage, but arn't you worried your pigs would chew on the legs? Ikea furniture is filled with saw dust and glue.

Since I have big enclosures and a lot of wooden houses they are not chewing anymore. It can be a fortunate considerence; in the past I had pigges that chewed a lot^^ But they hat very small cages and not much furniture. When they got bigger cages, they stopped.
If I had "chewers" I would put thin wood around the table-legs or sisal. You are right, it is not good if they would eat the legs :)

I would be more afraid about eating plastic furniture like "pigloos" etc. ;) Thats why everything that is in the cage is off wood :)

Celine Chorney

Cavy Slave
Basically a 2x4 with a 1x3 loft

MyraMidnight

Cavy Slave
When you suddenly own your own apartment, of course piggies get bigger cage :D This is the cage I've been working on, just need to finish the sewing the fleece (gonna try making fleece flippers). The box with the tall sizes will be filled with wood shaving bedding.
IMG_2428.jpg
I found the "universal/flytte tæppe" blanket (seems to be decent alternative to Uhaul furnature pad) and the black edging in the local Bauhaus store. This size of cage used up two sets of those pet fences perfectly (when I added the two remaining panels at the end there at least, wanted to make a fleece forest ;D)

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
When you suddenly own your own apartment, of course piggies get bigger cage :D This is the cage I've been working on, just need to finish the sewing the fleece (gonna try making fleece flippers). The box with the tall sizes will be filled with wood shaving bedding.
View attachment 72309
I found the "universal/flytte tæppe" blanket (seems to be decent alternative to Uhaul furnature pad) and the black edging in the local Bauhaus store. This size of cage used up two sets of those pet fences perfectly (when I added the two remaining panels at the end there at least, wanted to make a fleece forest ;D)
Is that the past pen from Amazon? I don't think that would be big enough for the sides.... My girls can easily jump over it....

MyraMidnight

Cavy Slave
@joys_cavies
Bought it from local petstore, was called a play run, the fence is 23cm tall and my piggies have not yet jumped over it (had it as long as I've had them, for floor time), they aren't big on jumping unless they know what they're jumping on (such as a platform I made which allowed them to reach the top floor, they jumped that proudly (18cm tall). At least thats how my piggies have been like

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.