Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions It's bedtime but they just had a fight...

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
So I had to throw the towel and separate a knock down drag out fight. It's almost time for bed but I don't feel safe leaving them alone. Can I just split the cage with grids for the night or is that basically starting all over then? No blood was drawn and this was the first big altercation, over veggies despite the fact that I spread them out around the cage. Just not sure what to do. They were doing so well. :(

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If it's bedtime, I'd leave grids up between them, and then see what happens in the morning when you get up. Maybe start with a buddy bath?

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
If it's bedtime, I'd leave grids up between them, and then see what happens in the morning when you get up. Maybe start with a buddy bath?

Will do. Just wanted to be sure that that was the right thing. We had them in neutral pen for over 4 hours and another 4 plus in the cage with nothing but basic behaviors. Mostly Rhina chasing Pixi and Pixi running away. I was shocked at the sight of their fight. I checked them both for bites, I was sure there would be, but no blood so back in they went. Just doesn't seem safe to leave overnight though. Guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
@bpatters So do I have to start over 100% now or can I take the grids down, buddy bath and put them back in the cage and watch them?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I don't know. The cage already smells like both of them, so it might be ok. And it might not be ok if you actually took it apart the cleaned it.

If it were me, I'd try just taking the grids down, giving them a bath, putting them back, and watching them like a hawk.

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
Okie dokie. Do you ever get frustrated when you think of the number of people who do everything all wrong and it works out fine and you do everything right and it doesn't? I appreciate ALL of your help @bpatters.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.