Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions New baby isn't using his back legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Okay, last time I was in Kentucky was for the Rolex event. So it was in a fairly populated area and since then, I haven't be able to go back there for more vacation stuff, like camping.

Where are you located? I wonder....if you're rural enough, there maybe some equine vets that are experienced with cavys. Equine vets will come to you. I use my equine vet for yearly check ups because my pigs are due when the horses are due/I just bring them with me to the barn.

courtneylushae

Cavy Slave
The ones in Lexington aren't guinea pig ones, the Louisville one is, but tht is 5 hours away from me, and Lexington is abt 3 hours but we go up there a lot to see my sister at college... And Paducah, Nashville, and Knoxville are even further away than either of the ones iin Eastern ky

courtneylushae

Cavy Slave
There are two vets in my county that I know of, one has two offices that him n a woman he worked for operate together and the other isn't worth goin to... The one I went to knows more abt pigs than the others but he's not extremely experienced in it.

courtneylushae

Cavy Slave
Lexington an Georgetown are the more farm areas... Ours is like the in the hills coal mining areas, a lot of ppl hv horses and goats n a few cows, but the vet tht deals in tht is the one I wouldn't go to.... The one tht is a small animals vet is pretty good at finding out what is goin on even if he doesn't know at the moment. He is a very good vet and he does everything he possibly can.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
The ones in Lexington aren't guinea pig ones, the Louisville one is, but tht is 5 hours away from me, and Lexington is abt 3 hours but we go up there a lot to see my sister at college... And Paducah, Nashville, and Knoxville are even further away than either of the ones iin Eastern ky

This one is
(broken link removed)

Pocket pets are pets like guinea pigs, hammys, rats, etc.

ClemmyOddieIndy

Cavy Slave
What about Pennyroyal Small Animal and Exotics? They appear to be in Lexington.

ETA: You beat me to it. :)

courtneylushae

Cavy Slave
I googled them and they don't have anything about guinea pigs on their sites, If it wasn't so far away I would have called or something but it literally is 3+ hours

ClemmyOddieIndy

Cavy Slave
I googled them and they don't have anything about guinea pigs on their sites, If it wasn't so far away I would have called or something but it literally is 3+ hours

They say "pocket pets" that is a guinea pig.

Are you close to the WV border? It looks like in Charleston, WV there are exotics vets too.

courtneylushae

Cavy Slave
It's about the same away as Lexington I believe, I'm in Floyd co.

courtneylushae

Cavy Slave
I googled in pikeville and it said the nearest exotic vet is 68 miles away... Pikeville is near me kinda.

ClemmyOddieIndy

Cavy Slave
Guardian Animal is in Ashland, that looks to be about an hour away from you. - ETA: it looks like 1hr 30 mins. My mistake.

https://www.guardiananimal.com/

courtneylushae

Cavy Slave
It's a bit further than an hour, but the only decent pet store we know of to get supplies from is there so we go there sometimes... I will look into it, but it's just hard to go that far away since dad always has the only vehicle for work

ClemmyOddieIndy

Cavy Slave
Well good luck. I would look into them though. There appears to be quite a few exotics vets in Ashland.

courtneylushae

Cavy Slave
The only actual exotics one is in Louisville, but some of the others treAt like rabbits n reptiles

ClemmyOddieIndy

Cavy Slave
The only actual exotics one is in Louisville, but some of the others treAt like rabbits n reptiles

Okay, I'm done trying to help. They CLEARLY say on their website exotics (maybe you should let them know they aren't exotics vets). I think you've repeated that line so many times in your head you refuse to believe anything else anyone else puts in front of you. I wish you good luck with your pigs.

courtneylushae

Cavy Slave
Well aren't you just a sweetheart, I googled vets in Kentucky the other day tht are experienced in guineAs... Just because it says exotic doesn't immediately mean pig...

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
O.O
We're just trying to help you. Pocket pets typically mean guinea pigs, hammys, rats and etc. And typically exotic vets are just that, they treat exotic animals. IE: snakes, reptiles, pocket pets etc etc. If you want to, you can try to search up reviews for that specific place and see if they really are good exotic vets.

courtneylushae

Cavy Slave
Okay, will do.

courtneylushae

Cavy Slave
Can someone close this thread for me please?

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
I'm ignoring all the drama, but how's the little baby doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.