Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Howdy for Texas!

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
Hello! After quite a bit of lurking and referring back to this forum for its invaluable guinea pig information and resources, I finally decided to create an account!

image.jpg

I'm a second-time guinea pig mama (first go around was almost 20 years ago as a fourth grade student :p) to two rambunctious, veggie loving, popcorning female piggies. I'm a Christian, a wife and mama to one human kiddo, and a dog mom too! I am looking forward to sharing my guinea girls with other fellow cavy lovers, and to making new friends along the way. Please stop by and say hi!

Here are my girls, Cookie and Oreo:
o9nxw4.jpg

I'm still trying to get the hang of posting pictures here (my iPhone is not cooperating), so this one will do for now.

Last edited:

MJ1011

Cavy Slave
Welcome! They're adorable! How is the separate kitchen area working for you? Does it make clean up easier? I am putting one in this weekend.

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Adorable piggies you have!

Ditto on how the kitchen is working, my girls get an upgraded cage & renovation this weekend so I'm curious about the kitchen!

What part of Texas are you in if I may ask? I'm in the Houston area😊

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
Welcome! They're adorable! How is the separate kitchen area working for you? Does it make clean up easier? I am putting one in this weekend.

Hey! Sorry it's taken me a while to reply. I'm a teacher by trade and weeknight evenings are always so busy around here. When I initially purchased the cavy café, I was hoping that they'd use it like a litter box, but my girls still prefer to poop in their cuddle cup or all over the fleece. I don't know if it really makes clean up any easier. I do like the aspect of keeping their food (sans the hay due to my curious toddler) and water on one side of cage. Let me know how the kitchen works out for y'all!

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Adorable piggies you have!

Ditto on how the kitchen is working, my girls get an upgraded cage & renovation this weekend so I'm curious about the kitchen!

What part of Texas are you in if I may ask? I'm in the Houston area

Hey! My thoughts on the kitchen are posted above. ^^ :)

I'm originally from the H-town area, but moved to northeast Texas near the Louisiana border during my elementary school years and have called this part of Texas home ever since. I love the piney woods. <3

cherubrose99

Cavy Slave
They are adorable! We have just one at the moment. I love their home. That is the one that I am,wanting to upgrade to. I can see it has lots of room!!

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
Thanks! As for the cage, my piggies really enjoy their home. It gives them plenty of space to spread out and play. I like it a lot too, plus clean up is actually very simple with this cage. I'd definitely recommend it. Is your one piggy a boy or girl?

PiggleLove2013

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I love your pigs, Cookie looks identical to my Furrybottom!

Chubby Budum!.jpg

StephsFurries

Cavy Slave
Greetings! I love your piggies their so cute! Can't wait to see more pics of them and their cage. Oh and I have an iPhone too so I know exactly what you mean but your photos came out great don't sweat it.

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
For a moment, I was like, I don't remember taking that picture of Cookie! They could be twins. LOL!

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
Aww, thanks. I am looking forward to meeting more people on here too. Thanks for reaching out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.