Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Floor time and bonding

sonsofpiggies

Cavy Slave
When I have floor time is it okay to just let my guinea pig do its thing or should I be trying to interact more? My pumpkin tends to just run around and find stuff to make tunnels under and sometimes he just comes next to me and lays down and let's me pet him but for the most part he likes to be on his own doing his own thing. Am I stalling the bonding process by not trying to play and pet him more? Or should I continue to just let him do his thing? I mean I do talk to him and he will take treats from my hand but for the most part he just likes to be off exploring.

Also I know getting him a friend is super important and will help the bonding process I'm trying my hardest to get him one but all of my craigslist "rehomings" have failed due to the other person changing there mind or never showing up to the meeting place.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Pumpkin is a cute little fella!

If he's alone right now, then spending as much time as you can with him is very important. If he's out trucking around doing his own thing, as long as you're there with him, it's better than being alone.

Obviously you know a friend is the best thing for him, and I know you're making efforts for that. Keep it up, Pumpkin will thank you for it. Once he does have a friend, you should see a difference in him.

sonsofpiggies

Cavy Slave
Pumpkin is a cute little fella!

If he's alone right now, then spending as much time as you can with him is very important. If he's out trucking around doing his own thing, as long as you're there with him, it's better than being alone.

Obviously you know a friend is the best thing for him, and I know you're making efforts for that. Keep it up, Pumpkin will thank you for it. Once he does have a friend, you should see a difference in him.
Yeah he's hardly ever in his cage if I'm not at work or running errands he's out with me. Rightnow he's on my lap cuddled up under the blankets. I can tell he really wants a friend when I watch guinea pig videos on YouTube and he hears the other pigs he starts running around and popcorning lol so let's hope everything works out and he gets a friend soon!

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Yeah, it sounds like he really, really wants another piggie around. He's damn cute, too. I have a pig with a similar name, except I called mine Punkin.

sonsofpiggies

Cavy Slave
Yeah, it sounds like he really, really wants another piggie around. He's damn cute, too. I have a pig with a similar name, except I called mine Punkin.
Aw thank you he is adorable I fell in love with him as soon as I seen him! I might have a lead on a new piggie I'm just hoping this person doesn't bail on me like the past 4 or 5 have :(

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I hope it goes well, and Pumpkin has a new friend to play with soon!

Shieme

Cavy Slave
Sounds like you are doing great. He is so cute. Are his eyes red? Just sit and read or watch tv. Let him do his thing. You two are bonding great. I hope you can get him a friend but it sounds like he has an awesome GP parent!

sonsofpiggies

Cavy Slave
Sounds like you are doing great. He is so cute. Are his eyes red? Just sit and read or watch tv. Let him do his thing. You two are bonding great. I hope you can get him a friend but it sounds like he has an awesome GP parent!
Yes his eyes are red. And thank you I might actually be picking up a new piggy within the next few days I'm still working things out with someone who needs to rehome one!

sonsofpiggies

Cavy Slave
I hope it goes well, and Pumpkin has a new friend to play with soon!
Good news I just picked up a second pig!!! I actually got him from a friend she bought the pig for her daughter a few months ago and "shockingly" her daughter got bored of him! So now pumpkin has a new friend and I've decided to name him patch! :)

Shieme

Cavy Slave
He's so cute. What was his name? Patch reminds me of this book call Hush.

sonsofpiggies

Cavy Slave
He's so cute. What was his name? Patch reminds me of this book call Hush.
His name was Roger lol I chose patch because my first guinea is called pumpkin so pumpkin patch! Plus October is my favorite time of the year! I do have a question tho if you don't mind answering? Since I know the person I got him from and she said he isn't sick at all should I still quarantine him? (He's separated rightnow) or would it be okay to introduce them already?

Shieme

Cavy Slave
I love it! That's so cute. I was just thinking they match.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.