Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from Blacksburg, VA !

warriormole

Cavy Slave
I have two lovely guinea pigs, big giant & little giant. They have been part of our family for more than 13 months now.

I don't know how to post photos yet, but the one in my avatar is big giant !

I have some youtube videos that you can checkout to meet my pigs!

1. You gotta see their response to the sound of plastic bags:

2. The first time that we took them out on a picnic on a beautiful sunny spring day!

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome to the forum!!
You have some adorable pigs! I love the video of them popcorning to the sound of the bag.
Have you thought of getting them a bigger cage? The cage that they're in is quite small.
Have a look around the forum. You'll find some great information! :)

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
Hello, also from VA! I live up north, is that where Blacksburg is? I have no idea. I'll have to look that one up.
Anyway, I am actually in bed doing this on my phone, so we'll see how that plays out.
Cute pigs! I didn't watch the video yet, as it would be much too conspicuous, but from the stills it gave me I am floored by their cuteness! I catch a few things though, what are their names? Are they boars or sows? And if they're a pair of either gender, is one spayed or neutered? So many questions, so little time! Sorry to bother you already. Beautiful kids, says the crazy guinea pig lady.
My pig Charlemagne just told me to tell my phone to stop all that clicking, she's trying to sleep too! Lol, the things we do for our children.
Welcome, by the way! It is very addicting, the world of pigs...watch out! :)

warriormole

Cavy Slave
Hello ellisa,

That video was shot when they were still new to our home and in the old cage . They are now in a much larger "cage" which we made with coroplast and cubes. Some of the idea might be taken from this forum which I do not remember yet.

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hello ellisa,

That video was shot when they were still new to our home and in the old cage . They are now in a much larger "cage" which we made with coroplast and cubes. Some of the idea might be taken from this forum which I do not remember yet.

Excellent! I'm sure they are very happy piggies! :)

warriormole

Cavy Slave
Hello, also from VA! I live up north, is that where Blacksburg is? I have no idea. I'll have to look that one up.
Anyway, I am actually in bed doing this on my phone, so we'll see how that plays out.
Cute pigs! I didn't watch the video yet, as it would be much too conspicuous, but from the stills it gave me I am floored by their cuteness! I catch a few things though, what are their names? Are they boars or sows? And if they're a pair of either gender, is one spayed or neutered? So many questions, so little time! Sorry to bother you already. Beautiful kids, says the crazy guinea pig lady.
My pig Charlemagne just told me to tell my phone to stop all that clicking, she's trying to sleep too! Lol, the things we do for our children.
Welcome, by the way! It is very addicting, the world of pigs...watch out! :)

Hello, Blacksburg is not far way to the west from Roanoke, if you know that city.
I actually mentioned their names in my 1st post, but I know they may not be that obvious. They are called: big giant & little giant. I guess I should have capitalized the starting letters.
They are both female so no baby problems.
I have already sensed the hospitality of this forum because I have got 2 replies in such a short time for my 1st post!

Say hello to your Charlemagne ! Hope she have a nice sleep.

I will try to look around this forum these days.

adelore

Cavy Slave
Cute, they are so very cute!

warriormole

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. Your piggies are beautiful. I lived many years in Northern Virginia. What a beautiful state. I still miss it. I used to love to go to Kings Dominion Amusement Park near Richmond. Is it still in existence?

Thanks.

Yes I love here in Blacksburg, it is so much more beautiful than Texas. I have only passed Richmond several times, but never stopped by. Richmond is kind of far from here, but I will definitely visit there some time. Hope I find that park you liked.

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
Aw, Big Giant and Little Giant? That's kinda cute :) I didn't notice because I was looking for something capitalized lol. I think Roanoke is close to where I live. An hour or so away. That's excellent! Another pig lover close by! I'm excited :p
I've heard of Kings Dominion! Some people up by us still go there, or at least they have very recently, I know I've never been though. We go to Hershey Park instead.
Yay, two sows! Perfection ;) We're all a big piggy family here, so it's great that you've joined us!
And that was very nice of you to say that for Charlemagne. She likes compliments and people that taste good hahaha. But your piggies are very cute. Is Big Giant bigger in size than your other piggy? My curiosity is killing me :D

warriormole

Cavy Slave
Aw, Big Giant and Little Giant? That's kinda cute :) I didn't notice because I was looking for something capitalized lol. I think Roanoke is close to where I live. An hour or so away. That's excellent! Another pig lover close by! I'm excited :p
I've heard of Kings Dominion! Some people up by us still go there, or at least they have very recently, I know I've never been though. We go to Hershey Park instead.
Yay, two sows! Perfection ;) We're all a big piggy family here, so it's great that you've joined us!
And that was very nice of you to say that for Charlemagne. She likes compliments and people that taste good hahaha. But your piggies are very cute. Is Big Giant bigger in size than your other piggy? My curiosity is killing me :D

Hi, just came back from a 10-hour shopping from Roanoke.

Actually, they were kind of the same size when we adopted them last spring. Somehow, Big Giant has grown larger and larger, which is valid considering his enormous eating speed and amount. And sadly, she would bully Little Giant all the time.

However, the funny thing is, when we take them out of their cage, the Little Giant becomes the leader, and the Big Giant would be so scared that she is only able to follow Little Giant, and dare not explore on her own.

If you watch the second video ( picture slide show ) I posted, you will get an idea how big they are.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.