Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General I'm getting two guinea pigs. Help?

ReiSixx9

Cavy Gazer
I'm probably going to get two female guinea pigs soon.

I've decided to make a 105x70cm C&C cage (DIY). I'm also getting two hideys and I'm making a kitchen area in the cage with a liter box. For bedding I'm gonna put three towels underneath one polar fleece throw which I will clip to the sides of the cage.

Does this sound like a good plan or have I messed something up? Am I missing something? Do you have any tips for me?

ryliem

Cavy Slave
it needs to be 76x127 for 2 pigs

and get double of everything

i don't know about the towels, because they will start to smell bad, try getting som coroplast for a liner and fleece on top

ReiSixx9

Cavy Gazer
it needs to be 76x127 for 2 pigs

and get double of everything

i don't know about the towels, because they will start to smell bad, try getting som coroplast for a liner and fleece on top

Even two water bottles and two food bowls? Also, I'm already lining it with coroplast, but I need an absorbent layer under the fleece, hence the towels. Thanks for the help. :)

ryliem

Cavy Slave
Even two water bottles and two food bowls? Also, I'm already lining it with coroplast, but I need an absorbent layer under the fleece, hence the towels. Thanks for the help. :)

yes, food is a sensitive subject between pigs, fights might break out if one guinea pig is hogging all the food from the other. It's always safer to do it this way so you don't spend even more money buying another cage when they don't get along.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.