Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat Sister and reasons why you should not get kids a guinea pig.

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
Caution LONG story. 2 days ago I was fed up with my younger sister, who in theory she is suppose to help care for the guinea pigs ( One was her’s and the other is mine, I treat them equally.), but she lacked off her duty, by lacked off I mean did NOTHING with them unless her or her friends wanted to play with them. At first it didn’t bother me, but one time I was done because I was put up with her neglect with the girls ( Ok you will understand and if my sister didn’t do something for them I did it so the girls had nothing effected on them.) One time I let this slide, it was the night before my sister’s birthday and she had her first sleepover at our house with a friend. They were playing with the girls, I was busy with a project that I was very focused on. So I left the room, then they left, I went back later ( They are upstairs with the stuff I worked on the project. It was there way before the girls.) the girls were still in the play pen, with no food or water and one hidey. I was gone for a little bit, I was mad, but I didn’t want to make a deal in front of the friend ( Very nice and polite kid, mature for her age.) and she is know to make a fit out of little things so I didn’t say anything and put the girls back. I was triggered that I was paying for everything( We made a deal with our dad that we would pay for the toys and the cage and extras, like me buying fleece for them, and saving my money at the time for our current cage.) and she didn’t pay for anything, and didn’t mess with them, also I did all the work. She also got a puppy, so she didn’t do anything with the girls and slacked off a bit with the super hyper puppy, who almost got the girls but they are ok and not my sister’s fault but that is another short story. Another time months before this I had a bad accident and I could care or access to where the girls were ( I HATED it.) she complained that she had to do all the work and was overreacting( I didn’t complain before this.) Also the girls didn’t have the fleece they loved because my family didn’t want to clean it( They did a whole bunch of work to make their area nice, the bedding was care fresh so they were good.) so for one moment she felt how I felt. ( Lucky for me I was able to get up their so I could feed them but couldn’t clean the cage, I was pushing myself and if I did anything wrong I would have to have surgery for the second time.) So my parents told her that she had to pay up or the girls were completely mine. Months passed and it slipped. So I was feeding them and cleaning their 2x6 cage, and 2 days ago I told her 20 minutes before I cleaned the cage, and told her nicely that I need her help with the cage ( I wanted her help, at this time the puppy got better.) Next thing after starting and waiting for her, she was going swimming and said she would help after she swam, I was in the middle of the process, which means the bedding was out. I complained to my dad for a second and continued my work, finished, parents called me to come to them and told me that the girls were mine. So after this crazy event I had to share my personal experience and why my sister so lucky to have me, even though I annoy her a lot. That you should be 100% ready to take over your child’s responsibility when they are caring for an animal. Sorry for the long story.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@GuineaPigQueen1, if you expect people to read your posts, you need to break them up into paragraphs so they're more easily read. Just hit the Enter button a couple of times when you're ready to break your narrative. You'll avoid the "wall of text" that most users will just skip.

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
@GuineaPigQueen1, if you expect people to read your posts, you need to break them up into paragraphs so they're more easily read. Just hit the Enter button a couple of times when you're ready to break your narrative. You'll avoid the "wall of text" that most users will just skip.
Ok thank you so much for the advice! Oh also do I make a new thread or just make the paragraphs on this one?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Just copy it and paste it as a quick reply in this thread and break it into paragraphs by hitting the Enter key twice.

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
Just copy it and paste it as a quick reply in this thread and break it into paragraphs by hitting the Enter key twice.
Ok thank you I will do it when I get the chance. ( I am running errands.)

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
2 days ago I was fed up with my younger sister, who in theory she is suppose to help care for the guinea pigs ( One was her’s and the other is mine, I treat them equally.), but she lacked off her duty, by lacked off I mean did NOTHING with them unless her or her friends wanted to play with them.

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
At first it didn’t bother me, but one time I was done because I was put up with her neglect with the girls ( Ok you will understand and if my sister didn’t do something for them I did it so the girls had nothing effected on them.) One time I let this slide, it was the night before my sister’s birthday and she had her first sleepover at our house with a friend. They were playing with the girls, I was busy with a project that I was very focused on. So I left the room, then they left, I went back later ( They are upstairs with the stuff I worked on the project. It was there way before the girls.) the girls were still in the play pen, with no food or water and one hidey. I was gone for a little bit, I was mad, but I didn’t want to make a deal in front of the friend ( Very nice and polite kid, mature for her age.) and she is know to make a fit out of little things so I didn’t say anything and put the girls back.

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
I was triggered that I was paying for everything( We made a deal with our dad that we would pay for the toys and the cage and extras, like me buying fleece for them, and saving my money at the time for our current cage.) and she didn’t pay for anything, and didn’t mess with them, also I did all the work. She also got a puppy, so she didn’t do anything with the girls and slacked off a bit with the super hyper puppy, who almost got the girls but they are ok and not my sister’s fault but that is another short story.

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
Another time months before this I had a bad accident and I could care or access to where the girls were ( I HATED it.) she complained that she had to do all the work and was overreacting( I didn’t complain before this.) Also the girls didn’t have the fleece they loved because my family didn’t want to clean it( They did a whole bunch of work to make their area nice, the bedding was care fresh so they were good.) so for one moment she felt how I felt. ( Lucky for me I was able to get up their so I could feed them but couldn’t clean the cage, I was pushing myself and if I did anything wrong I would have to have surgery for the second time.) So my parents told her that she had to pay up or the girls were completely mine.

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
Months passed and it slipped. So I was feeding them and cleaning their 2x6 cage, and 2 days ago I told her 20 minutes before I cleaned the cage, and told her nicely that I need her help with the cage ( I wanted her help, at this time the puppy got better.) Next thing after starting and waiting for her, she was going swimming and said she would help after she swam, I was in the middle of the process, which means the bedding was out. I complained to my dad for a second and continued my work, finished, parents called me to come to them and told me that the girls were mine. So after this crazy event I had to share my personal experience and why my sister so lucky to have me, even though I annoy her a lot. That you should be 100% ready to take over your child’s responsibility when they are caring for an animal.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@GuineaPigQueen1, you didn't follow the instructions. Just separate text into paragraphs within the same post, not make separate posts for each paragraph. Literally all you have to do is click the mouse where you want to break the text and hit Enter twice.

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
@GuineaPigQueen1, you didn't follow the instructions. Just separate text into paragraphs within the same post, not make separate posts for each paragraph. Literally all you have to do is click the mouse where you want to break the text and hit Enter twice.
Oh I am sorry I thought this was how you did it I am currently mobile because I don’t have my computer because I am visiting family. I will do it when I have access to my computer. Or just leave this story alone and not bother with it.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It's fine to leave it, but I gave you the instructions on how to do it TWICE, and you obviously didn't read the posts. If someone's going to take the time to reply to you, please have the courtesy to read what they say.

Rosiethecutepig

Cavy Slave
@bpatters, you could have said it nicer.

Last edited:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@Rosiethecutepig, no doubt. But you have no idea how irritating it is to give clear instructions, more than once, and then not have the original poster even read them. Being an admin or a mod for this forum takes a LOT of time. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that people read the responses to their posts before proceeding.

teambenji543

Cavy Slave
@guineapigqueen, wow what a crazy story! I totally agree with you about being prepared to take over a child’s pet. Many guinea pigs and other animals end up in the shelter because a child lost interest in them. Guinea pigs are a lot of work, and they’re not a good “starter pet. parents should always research before buying a guinea pig for their child.

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
@guineapigqueen, wow what a crazy story! I totally agree with you about being prepared to take over a child’s pet. Many guinea pigs and other animals end up in the shelter because a child lost interest in them. Guinea pigs are a lot of work, and they’re not a good “starter pet. parents should always research before buying a guinea pig for their child.
I agree with you 100%. When people tell me that they may want a guinea pig I tell them that they are hard work similar to a dog, and to rescue one and do a ton of research. Also it is very very sad that children lose interest in guinea pigs, and they end up getting dumped with illnesses.

teambenji543

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I find that my guinea pigs need A LOT more work than my dog does!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.