Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What other pets do you have?

Guineahamster65

Cavy Slave
I thought it would be nice to start a thread that allows everyone to share information on their other pets and a little bit of info about them self! If this is in the wrong place I'm sorry!
I have two collie dogs one male and one female, Artemis and Handsome. The Female is spayed and is 6 years old. My male is a SUPER hyper puppy only 8 months old yet he is already bigger than my Artemis. I used to own another collie but sadly he passed over the rainbow bridge making it to be 13 years old! I also own a Syrian hamster named Sir Butterscotch. Everyone just calls him sir. My dad owns many fish that don't have names yet but I think they are part of the family we had them for about 9 years! I am a female who is addicted to animals and anime! Both are my life and I don't know what I would do without them both. I look forward to hearing more about you and your animals!

Heather Acosta

Cavy Slave
I have 4 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 mice as well as my 3 piggies. Samson is 1/2 border collie, 1/4 black lab, 1/4 Rottweiler, Boondock is a husky, Bella is a Pomeranian Pekineses, and Mittens is a mutt (we think corgi and terrier, but don't know). Binks and Anastasia (we call her Anya) are black kitties and Laurent is a tabby. The mice are named Morris and Jerry. Both are girls (originally were told they were boys, but found out otherwise) and are white with red eyes. I absolutely love animals and hope to open up my own pet supply store that works with local rescues and shelters to adopt out animals (I would NOT sell animals).

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
I have 4 other pets besides my guinea pigs!

Zoe, a female border collie/pit bull/lab that's 8 & is a Psychiatric & Asthma alert + Response Service Dog in Training. She's too dang smart for her own good tho lol...and way to much energy for her age! She also plays any sports (we actually taught her to swing a bat lol) & likes to cuddle the cat and pigs.

My other dog is a 4yr old male basset/springer death row rescue that had 5 infections & was abused. He has PTSD & ADHD but is working on it. He tries to play with Zoe, but umm, he doesn't know how lol. We are teaching him how to play fetch, tug-a-war & soccer tho! He's such a Derp, its insane!

Then there is Boots, our cat. She's 14yr old teuxedo x munchkin from an accidental litter we had. She's my best friend & 6m/o older then me. She begs for treats, loves the pigs (well, actually she could care less but if Bayleigh & Matchi go to her then she grooms them), knows 3 tricks (heel, stop, sit) & loves going to the park. And licking my camera lol.

And then finally Lunatic. We adopted him 8 weeks old, from a homeless lady. He's a runt, born feral & his bio mom tried to kill him. He never healed fully correctly so we have to watch him when he runs & plays but he's a total sweetheart to Bayleigh, he's afraid of Matchi & loves to jump in the cage & eat hay...and pellets. Tbh... We aren't even sure he's a cat. I mean, he plays fetch, he begs, he steals food, he does tricks, he goes on walks & if you say "follow me" he'll follow you. He also acts like a pig & eats their veggies while I prepare them...He's not named Lunatic for no reason lol.

And then there's me! Just your so normal-ish 13y/o. I love pet photography & have my own business, I'm owner training Zoe for myself & love taking her places for photos & training time. I'm a HUGE animal & shelter advocate & get to photograph shelter puppies soon, and love spoiling my guinea pigs. All my pets are adopted (Zoe, Pluto & Lunatic are death saves, Boots' mom was adopted, Bayleigh Noelle is from Craig list & Matchi is from Cali Cavy Rescue). And I love reading, hiking & biking.

That's a little bit about our animal family & me haha. I'll attach some pictures of the dogs & cat (don't have any of Boots atm) Hhmmm, I'll include piggy photos too just for the fun of it! Bayleigh is black & white & Matchi is the black & brown!

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1446058163522.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1446058205417.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1446058225685.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1446058321748.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1446058356892.jpg

Guineahamster65

Cavy Slave
I have 4 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 mice as well as my 3 piggies. Samson is 1/2 border collie, 1/4 black lab, 1/4 Rottweiler, Boondock is a husky, Bella is a Pomeranian Pekineses, and Mittens is a mutt (we think corgi and terrier, but don't know). Binks and Anastasia (we call her Anya) are black kitties and Laurent is a tabby. The mice are named Morris and Jerry. Both are girls (originally were told they were boys, but found out otherwise) and are white with red eyes. I absolutely love animals and hope to open up my own pet supply store that works with local rescues and shelters to adopt out animals (I would NOT sell animals).
Aww they all sound adorable!! I too want to open a rescue. I'm aiming toward being an exotic vet when I get older.

Guineahamster65

Cavy Slave
I have 4 other pets besides my guinea pigs!Zoe, a female border collie/pit bull/lab that's 8 & is a Psychiatric & Asthma alert + Response Service Dog in Training. She's too dang smart for her own good tho lol...and way to much energy for her age! She also plays any sports (we actually taught her to swing a bat lol) & likes to cuddle the cat and pigs.My other dog is a 4yr old male basset/springer death row rescue that had 5 infections & was abused. He has PTSD & ADHD but is working on it. He tries to play with Zoe, but umm, he doesn't know how lol. We are teaching him how to play fetch, tug-a-war & soccer tho! He's such a Derp, its insane!Then there is Boots, our cat. She's 14yr old teuxedo x munchkin from an accidental litter we had. She's my best friend & 6m/o older then me. She begs for treats, loves the pigs (well, actually she could care less but if Bayleigh & Matchi go to her then she grooms them), knows 3 tricks (heel, stop, sit) & loves going to the park. And licking my camera lol.And then finally Lunatic. We adopted him 8 weeks old, from a homeless lady. He's a runt, born feral & his bio mom tried to kill him. He never healed fully correctly so we have to watch him when he runs & plays but he's a total sweetheart to Bayleigh, he's afraid of Matchi & loves to jump in the cage & eat hay...and pellets. Tbh... We aren't even sure he's a cat. I mean, he plays fetch, he begs, he steals food, he does tricks, he goes on walks & if you say "follow me" he'll follow you. He also acts like a pig & eats their veggies while I prepare them...He's not named Lunatic for no reason lol.And then there's me! Just your so normal-ish 13y/o. I love pet photography & have my own business, I'm owner training Zoe for myself & love taking her places for photos & training time. I'm a HUGE animal & shelter advocate & get to photograph shelter puppies soon, and love spoiling my guinea pigs. All my pets are adopted (Zoe, Pluto & Lunatic are death saves, Boots' mom was adopted, Bayleigh Noelle is from Craig list & Matchi is from Cali Cavy Rescue). And I love reading, hiking & biking.That's a little bit about our animal family & me haha. I'll attach some pictures of the dogs & cat (don't have any of Boots atm) Hhmmm, I'll include piggy photos too just for the fun of it! Bayleigh is black & white & Matchi is the black & brown!
Wow it's so awesome that you gave all of those poor animals a chance! I can't wait until I live by myself and adopt my own animals. I have to post pigtures of all of my animals I have many of handsome and sir as they are cameraholics lol. One of your piggers looks like my greedy Oreo!

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
I have 6 pigs, 1 hermit crab, 3 cats and one dog.

CoppersMom

Cavy Slave
Hey Everyone!

Other than my piggies, Copper and Coco, I have one 1 y/o cat named Diablo (not his original name, but he earned it) he is a black long haired American that I adopted from my local shelter. I also have two step-puppies both Lab mixes, Shaggy is a 2 1/2 y/o Labradoodle and Max is a 3 y/o Black Lab/Doberman mix. Max was re-homed from a family friend and Shaggy was adopted at the local shelter as well. They are both hyper and always ready to party! But at the end of the day they are both lap dogs at heart and like to snuggle up to you on the couch. <3 We also have a 160 gallon tank with a 75 gallon sump and 35 gallon refugium (a total of 260 gallons of saltwater goodness). Currently in rebuild due to the upgrade from the 75.

Something very special about all of our animals is the fact that they are ALL males!

20150422_165458.jpg11891464_10207231614728052_500395095508599997_o.jpg20150720_112954.jpg

daydreamer89

Cavy Slave
no pigs yet but in 2 weeks we will have 1 or 2.

we have a cat who we rescued from our neighborhood she was very feral and had almost starved to death. (picture is of my daughter giving neko her christmas present from santa)
we also have a tortoise named koopa. and 2 snails and a few tropical fish (which i dont have a picture of)

IMG_2411.jpgIMAG0314.jpg

Guineahamster65

Cavy Slave
no pigs yet but in 2 weeks we will have 1 or 2.

we have a cat who we rescued from our neighborhood she was very feral and had almost starved to death. (picture is of my daughter giving neko her christmas present from santa)
we also have a tortoise named koopa. and 2 snails and a few tropical fish (which i dont have a picture of)

View attachment 77020View attachment 77021
I always wanted tortoises I always was a reptile person but my mom doesn't want anymore animals in our house. My dad secretly rescued an injured skink from outside but we had toput him back! Your cat is so cute!

Guineahamster65

Cavy Slave
image.jpgTo the left is Artemis and to the right is Handsome!image.jpg This is sir butterscotch! The other pic is handsome with my aunts dog Hannah.

Attachments

image.jpg

pigslave1

Cavy Slave
Your guinea pigs are seriously adorable.

Sunrise

Cavy Slave
Two rabbits - one netherland dwarf and the other a lionhead, females whom I rescued separately and thankfully took to bonding after a few days. They're now inseparable.

Guineahamster65

Cavy Slave
Two rabbits - one netherland dwarf and the other a lionhead, females whom I rescued separately and thankfully took to bonding after a few days. They're now inseparable.
Do you have any pictures? I love rabbits and always wanted one! (I wish I could but I don't have enough room or money for any more animals)

scoottie

Cavy Slave
Two rats and a dog

daydreamer89

Cavy Slave
I always wanted tortoises I always was a reptile person but my mom doesn't want anymore animals in our house. My dad secretly rescued an injured skink from outside but we had toput him back! Your cat is so cute!

:) If you ever end up getting a tortoise later in life be very careful about which type of tortoise you get, some as babies are super duper tiny but turn out to be huge. we ended up getting a russian tortoise because they stay small. (still needs a 7 x 3 foot enclosure though with about 140lbs of soil haha) though they do eat almost the same veggies as guinea pigs which is really nice :)
as for the cat yes shes a cutie pie but dont let that trick you she has a huge attitude problem :D

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
I just have a crazy 1 1/2 year old mini schnauzer. He's adorable and I love him to death but he can be really annoying sometimes lol. I was going to try to attach a pic, but its not working right now...

Ibbet

Cavy Slave
Males are in blue, females in pink.

I currently have:
Bella the Pitbull/Dalmatian mix, Dante the Doberman/German Shepherd mix and Batman the Siberian Husky.
Piper and Poncho the Guinea Pigs.
Miss Pricklepants the Hedgehog.
Reptar the Chinese Water Dragon.
Kaa the Ball Python.
Mondo Gecko the Crested Gecko.
April the Golden Gecko.
Joker, Harley and Bane the Leopard Geckos.
Evangeline the Rose Hair Tarantula.
Sub-Zero the Emperor Scorpion.
Marco the Madagascar Hissing Cockroach.
Gulp and Chomp the Axolotls.
Voorhees and Pinhead the Betta Splendens.
:)

daydreamer89

Cavy Slave
Males are in blue, females in pink.

I currently have:
Bella the Pitbull/Dalmatian mix, Dante the Doberman/German Shepherd mix and Batman the Siberian Husky.
Piper and Poncho the Guinea Pigs.
Miss Pricklepants the Hedgehog.
Reptar the Chinese Water Dragon.
Kaa the Ball Python.
Mondo Gecko the Crested Gecko.
April the Golden Gecko.
Joker, Harley and Bane the Leopard Geckos.
Evangeline the Rose Hair Tarantula.
Sub-Zero the Emperor Scorpion.
Marco the Madagascar Hissing Cockroach.
Gulp and Chomp the Axolotls.
Voorhees and Pinhead the Betta Splendens.
:)

Love the names!! :D

StephsFurries

Cavy Slave
I have:
Kei a male cat that is 17yrs old and he's also blind and deaf.I have been told by many people to put him down do to him being mean and attacking others. But he is just skittish and yeah abit of a grump but he's my grump! As long as the vet says he's healthy (besides his blindness and deafness) then I won't put him down.

DinkieDoo a female tabby that is 11yrs old and the darling of the family. She also happens to be a munchkin born from two Maine Coone parents!

Precious a Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix she just came up in the yard as a puppy on christmas eve with to big pitbulls. My brother took in the pitbulls but didn't want a "yappy dog" so I took her Highnesss.

MamaDog a female Golden Retiever that was beaten almost to death (while pregnant!!) and left on the side of the road. My husband found her and we got her to the vet. While being examined she went into labor, had to have an emergency C Section and we almost lost her from internal blood loss. She brought 7 gorgeous pups into the world alive and healthy but it was a slow recovery for her! I and my husband bottle fed her pups because she couldn't even supply milk and was to weak. I'm happy to say that today she runs and plays just like any dog and all of her pups have wonderful homes.

Lollipop Chainsaw a Mini Pin/Pomeranian mix that I got 2yrs ago after witnessing my neighbor throw her out of the house threw the window... she can't handle anyone raising their voice but has come out of her shell quite a bit.

Four Female rats: Mina (the ghost rat), Creamy( the blind rat), Honey (the leader), and Patches (the sweety). They where a anniversary gift from my husband and we love them to peices

Two female mice named Isis who was gonna be snake food but I saved her. After finding out that mice shouldn't be alone I went to a pet store (back then I didn't know any better) and just as I was coming threw the door I witnessed a incompetent worker drop this tiny little mouse! The women was too scared of being bitten to pick the poor thing back up. I scooped up this little shaking grey and white mouse and told the worker I'd take her. She had the nerve to tell me that she's have to get the manager because "damaged" pets couldn't be sold. I had some choice words for the manager and walked away with Persephone that day. Percy won't let anyone pick her up but I can pet her and Isis and she are best friends.

Buffy, Anya, My two female leopard gecko's who I got from a friend that couldn't take care of them anymore and Spike my husbands male leopard gecko that stays in his man cave. My hubby got him from a fellow marine who is based where reptiles are not allowed. Spike is a Diablo Blonco leopard gecko, Buffy is a high yellow, and Anya is a halloween mask leopard gecko.

We also have fish in living room.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.