Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rehoming i need advice!!!!

geo13

Cavy Slave
So recently I came across an ad about 2 boy guinea pigs (father and son) who were being sold for 50$. This includeds a 2x4 c&c cage, hidys, some food, and hay , and a small petstore cage .

Here"s my dilemna--I already have 3 boys and I would love to take them in but I truly cannot keep them, because the room which is dedicated to them is not that big, and it is not a sure thing that all 5 boys will get along.

So I was thinking maybe I can take them in and find them homes . See, I spoke to the guy and he said basically they belong to his 9 yr old daughter who does not take care of them, and he truly does not have the time to keep up to date with feeding cleaning etc.

He is just giving them to someone who will care for them. I dont know what to do? I want to take them in and find them homes but then, I don't know, I can't have 2 seperate cages. Its a small office room and two cages will not fit. The only way is to expand it bigger but keep them together for them to have adequate room.

Any advice please!

Last edited by a moderator:

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
why not adopt them, see if they get a long with your pigs, and if not try to rehome them? Please keep in mind that rehoming really isn't easy to do though.

geo13

Cavy Slave
why not adopt them, see if they get a long with your pigs, and if not try to rehome them? Please keep in mind that rehoming really isn't easy to do though.
bthat was my initial idea i mean but it hough rehoming is very difficult

lissie

Cavy Slave
If you do not have space for them, why not let the current owner find them another home?

geo13

Cavy Slave
If you do not have space for them, why not let the current owner find them another home?
its not that i dont have space its just not big enough for 2 cages separately together maybe butnot two seperate living quartes and i mena i was thinking try it if not just rehome them
but rehoming can be tricky

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Agree with Lissie. You don't do anyone any favors by taking in more than you can manage. It's very unlikely that five males will get along unless you have a HUGE cage for them, and it sounds like you don't ... So, it's not your responsibility to take in and rehome anyone's pets.

Rehoming can be very difficult. I'd say pass and let the original owner deal with it.

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
in terms of stress on those poor pigs, it seems better, as @lissie said, to let the original owner fond them a permanent home. if you take them and re re-home them, that's TWO moves and TWO new environments those pigs have to adjust to. just my thoughts. . .

Roo99

Cavy Slave
heres my dilema i already have 3 boys and i would love to take them in but i truly cannot keep them

If you cannot keep them due to space constraints, then in my opinion it wouldn't be fair to your or the pigs in question to take them in. My heart goes out to you; I see so many pigs that need homes, and I really wish that I had the space for more. However, in my current situation I do not have the room to bring more pigs into my home.

Are these pigs listed on Guinea Pig Zone? If not, ask their owner if he will consider making a listing there. That way, you can help out the pigs but you won't be biting off more than you can chew.

If someday, you do have the room to take in more pigs, then I say go for it! However, if you 'truly cannot keep them', then I think that it would be in the best interest of you and the pigs not to take them in. Best of luck to you; I know that these decisions can be hard.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
For $50 and a C&C Cage there's a good chance that he will find a good home for them. You don't have to be that home.

If you don't have room for two cages, I wouldn't risk it.

geo13

Cavy Slave
If you cannot keep them due to space constraints, then in my opinion it wouldn't be fair to your or the pigs in question to take them in. My heart goes out to you; I see so many pigs that need homes, and I really wish that I had the space for more. However, in my current situation I do not have the room to bring more pigs into my home.

Are these pigs listed on Guinea Pig Zone? If not, ask their owner if he will consider making a listing there. That way, you can help out the pigs but you won't be biting off more than you can chew.

If someday, you do have the room to take in more pigs, then I say go for it! However, if you 'truly cannot keep them', then I think that it would be in the best interest of you and the pigs not to take them in. Best of luck to you; I know that these decisions can be hard.
yea im gonna tell him then i mean should i post up the ad here and they contact him or should i tell him personally? im so sad:( i wwant to help

Roo99

Cavy Slave
yea im gonna tell him then i mean should i post up the ad here and they contact him or should i tell him personally? im so sad:( i wwant to help

If it is not your own guinea pig(s), then you are not supposed to post a listing for rehoming. You need to ask their owner to make the listing. If you want to help, then this is the best thing that you can do for the pigs.

geo13

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone i just called him and emailed him this websites link im hoping he will post them up mean they desrve a good caring loving hoome.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.